Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Spot the Difference (bad pun intended)
The lovely lady for whom I'm making the t-shirt quilt, also requested a couple of replacement covers for her Kitchenaid Mixer.
She already had the standard white Kitchenaid Cover (the one on the left), but wanted something in green tones.
I made myself a template, and whipped up a quick toile out of some scrap fabric.... and then had a little conundrum, because I really needed to test it out.
I remembered that when Nic from Yardage Design had blogged about her kitchen, she had a Kitchenaid Mixer on the bench...... so I popped the toile in the mail, and Nic tested it out for me - thankyou Nic, you're a gem!.
As you can see - with scrappy one sided fabric and no wadding, the toile was rather floppy, and it was just a little too long also.
After the testing phase, I got to work on the real thing.
I must say that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.