Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fruit & Veg


I signed up yesterday to have my fruit & vegies, milk, bread, butter and eggs delivered to my door each week. Today was my first fruit & veg delivery (I chose the standard box where you receive whatever is in season at the time).
.
I'm very happy with the selection I received....carrots, corn, pumpkin, potatoes, onion, zucchini, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, oranges, apples, bananas, grapes, peaches, and mushrooms.
.
I'm hoping this will encourage me to eat more vegies (could be wishful thinking). If not, they will all be put through the blender to make yummy mushy chicken & vegie soup.
.
There was one slight hiccup.....they were delivered to the wrong house number (about 10 houses away from me). I had one of my lovely neighbours on the doorstep thismorning with my veggie box. That's one way to make a new friend. I think I will buy a box of choccies to leave in her letterbox to say thanks.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I wish I could have goodies like that delieved!

Jacinta said...

What a great idea - especially for some-one who just a couple of posts ago admitted they don't like many vegies or fruit. Very brave. They do look good.

Beth said...

I get my fruit and veg delivered by a company called Fruitastic. I love the service. I used to spend so long at the markets, but having my fruit and veg delivered worked out to be the same price and I saved a whole lot of time on my precious weekends. Excellent choice!