Monday, March 17, 2008

Bought.....and Found

I bought this old bookcase on Ebay last week and it was delivered on Saturday. Mr CurlyPops is going to sand some of the white paint off it and then give it a coat of clear sealer.
It's going to live in a little nook in the family room and be the new home for all of my craft books.


These are the lovely old boxes that were put out for hard rubbish collection that I picked up from the naturestrip. I originally picked up 4 boxes, and while I was loading up the car, the house owner came out and said that she had some more in her shed that she hadn't put out yet.

Mr CurlyPops went back the next day and picked up another 2!



Once they're cleaned up and sealed, I think they'll make nice planter boxes.

5 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Details of Art Swap are posted on my blog. Go check it out and get making.

By the way, lots of lovely posts on your blog. I love your kitchen, your opshop finds and the wooden boxes.

Kirsty said...

The boxes are really cool. Did you see the leaning shelf on the Design Sponge challenge? They'd be great for one of those.

Jodie said...

I love those packing boxes- they'll be great and your kitchen is beautiful!

Linnea said...

I can't wait to see what you do with all of your new stuff! Your kitchen is so impressive too! I just want to slide on your kitchen floors!

Paper Dolls For Boys said...

I'm super jealous of the wooden crates. What a score. Looking forward to seeing photos of them with beautiful flowers in them!