Friday, May 2, 2008

A week of Vintage Australiana - Cars


I'm five days late and I haven't officially or properly joined in, but I've been having so much fun reading about everybody elses's vintage australiana items that I thought I'd better add my two cents!

Gemma is hosting the week over on Pips blog. Go check out the official players here!



These are the pictures that are displayed on the wall in our study.....1960's Ford Falcons.


These pics are from the book '100 Years of Motoring - Australians and their Cars'


This one is my fave. Remember when petrol stations actually had SERVICE!!!!

Flinders St Station


2 comments:

Jacinta said...

I love the one with the caravan. Very very cool. I can just see myself travelling around in that and parking it by the beach for summer. Fantastic.

Of course all the other drivers on the road would curse when they got stuck behind me, but I imagine I would be loving the laid back life by then and wouldn't even notice!

Drewzel said...

Ooooh, I love your Ford pictures!!! I *heart* old cars.

The books looks fab too.