Monday, May 11, 2009

For Sarah

While I was at the market the other weekend, I was next to a lovely stallholder named Sarah who was selling the most gorgeous shower caps (there's a photo here at Finki).


Sarah had a teatowel at home that was calling out to be transformed into an apron..... so she popped it into the post and it arrived at my house. The only rules were to stick to blue and black tones and definitely no floral!


Although 90% of my stash could probably be classified as floral, I did actually have some fabric in the stash that matched perfectly.


The moral of the story is - just because you don't cook, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't look stylish in the kitchen!

19 comments:

angelique said...

That is superb! Maybe you can get out of more kitchen duties with that one on :)

Taccolina said...

Very nicely done!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love it!

Jennifer Rose said...

ha! I love that! :D

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Hi-LARIOUS! Very nice work :-)

Kitty said...

ha ha that's too funny.
What a great apron

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

This is so close to home! I love it! I don't cook but I do do ambiance...

Finki said...

Perfect job, I do love your florals to though. (:

Lou said...

That is fantastic! Also, have tagged you for a bloggers award. Details on my blog. Lou.

M* (Melanie) said...

Very clever. It looks great!

Christina Lowry said...

I love the tea towel choice! It was just waiting to become an apron wasn't it? I used to have a note book with a similar cover, it said something like - "Honey, you didn't marry me for my cooking." :)

our shabby cottage said...

Now that is one awesome tea towel and an even better apron. Well done Cam!

Tania said...

OK, too funky. And a bit of funky while cooking dinner would be a welcome distraction from the kitchen disasters that all too frequently occur...

Melissa G said...

I love it!

Swirlyarts said...

Hah I like the sentiment although I do cook!

Anonymous said...

such an amazing tea towel to make such a brilliant apron!

Michelle said...

fantastic...
such a classic...
and love the colour combo that you used...
amazing...

Casey said...

I love this one!

Lilli boo said...

I bloody love it! It's so true to form... but then reality hit and I remembered I do cook...I have a family...so I cook...but gee I like the sentiment of this apron...Fantastic!