Monday, April 2, 2012

The Purple Haired One



I seem to flip and flop between craft projects, and that's just the way I like it. A little bit of this and a little bit of that means that I never, ever seem to get bored.

In perfect timing for making something different, I received a request for another cloth dolly for a new bubba.


Of course, I'm still addicted to Instagram (I'm @curlypops over there).

It's fantastic for snapping and uploading photos of the progress of a project as it's being made.



This one is for the third little girl of the family, so the only request was that it was a different colour than the other two (so that the sisters don't get their dollies confused).


She has an underskirt and a little a-line halter pinnie.....


.... and she's just like her sisters.

Can you see the family resemblance?

12 comments:

willywagtail said...

Absolutely!!! I think I must be a purple girl because she is definitely my favourite. Or maybe it's just all the lace all over her dress. Definitely my dream type of dress. Cherrie

Cathie said...

they are beautiful Cam!! love their gorgeous hairstyles.
I am going to attempt my first softie for the kids for easter...arghhh, nervous!
happy week to you lovely lady, big hugs ♥

a little sewing said...

so stinkin' cute! Love the pointy tippy toes.

sister outlaws said...

They are just gorgeous! The dresses are so detailed and pretty! And I've had hair all three colours. Blue was always my favourite.....

LionessLady said...

Cam, these are soooo gorgeous! Love that you can just make them up as you go along - truly crafty! I need a pattern before I attempt anything!!!!

Melissa G said...

You just taught me a new doll production process. I love making dolls but have found it to be quite time consuming sometimes. But I see how you layer the body pieces together before you begin sewing. Brilliant!
And a very pretty doll too.

Jennie said...

Another gorgeous doll Cam! I think the green one is my favourite!x

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

They're lovely! Think I like the blue one best, but her siblings are also very cute.

Sarah said...

They are GREAT!

I know I have said this before but you are clever : o )

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They are all gorgeous. Lucky ducky girls who they belong too!

Sally said...

Uber ace for sure.

Mistea said...

I like the purple one the best - Cute sisters.