Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis Victoria



Not long after I signed up for Run 4 Refugees, I also found out about the CFV Great Strides Walk.

I've been so lucky to make some wonderful friends via the Transplant community - a lot have to undergo double lung transplants due to Cystic Fibrosis.... There are two in particular (thankyou Louisa and Claire) who have been a wonderful support and have always been there to answer all of those tricky questions that I had, that only someone who has been through it before can answer.

.....and then of course there's my lovely online friends Selina (who I can't wait to finally meet in real life at Finders Keepers Brissy next month) and Carly-Jae who I really hope can come along too. 

I couldn't resist signing up for this one to raise some much needed funds for the CF community, but also to show my support for my friends.

I discussed it with the two physiotherapists who ran my pulmonary rehabilitation group (and put up with me for years and years and kept me fit enough to get through my transplant), and they've both signed up and are going to walk with me! My sister-in-law also signed up this week, so we're going to walk as a group of four!

I had a target of $500 which I have amazingly already reached due to some wonderful donations from friends and family. I would love to raise some more, so if you'd like to help you can find my fundraising page right here. (and this one accepts Paypal yippee)!

No comments: