Monday, December 17, 2012

Running a little behind


I seem to be so far behind on blogging little bits and pieces lately.

I like to make sure that I blog everything as it's a great record of everything I've made over the years, and it shows a bit of an evolution of my sewing skills as they've improved.

This little zip pouch was a special request from my eldest nephew for his birthday. It has a belt loop that runs along at the back, so it can be removed if necessary.


Luckily, I had one lonely satchel clasp left in the stash!

Now, when I modelled this on Frances for the photoshoot, I assumed that it was to be worn around the waist..... but when I gave it to him, he put it over his shoulder, because apparently, that's the way the teens wear them these days?

I'm sooooo old!

5 comments:

Tas said...

Heh, heh. Teens love a good man bag over their shoulder then? Wonder what the fashion will be when my boys get to that age. When we were in the US, a middle aged guy tried on a hat and joked about wearing it with the tag on. I didn't get it until he explained to me that the teens over there currently wear things with the tags left on as the current trend :P

I don't get it. I must be getting old.

Way behind posting photos of my sewing and knitting too. But then I am way behind in my blogging in general...

Marina said...

That looks very cool and would also make a great little accessory for travellers or for craft market sellers (just thinking outside the square....). You should do the pattern (as if you need another think on the to do list!)

Unknown said...

What a great idea for boys! I always find them so hard to sew gifts for. I can see these pouches being stuffed with little army men and the like!
Teens these days, yes, who can keep up with them- ha!

Bron said...

What a great gift...and yes you never know what a teenager will find "hip"...I live with one and it changes every day. xxx

Cass said...

Cam I love that, might have to commission you to make one for me in the new year especially if I get that new iPod I'm hoping for from Santa!