Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Zip It


I've made quite a few zippered pouches now, so I think I've finally gotten over my fear of sewing them.
In fact, I think they're even at the stage where they look pretty good (if I do say so myself)!

You may be wondering why on earth these pouches are so long?



They're a custom order for a lady who travels a lot. She wanted some nice padded pouches to protect her GHD Hair Straighteners in her luggage.

Thank goodness for my supply (or should that be hoard) of op-shopped zippers. I actually had dress length zippers in the stash which were perfect matched with the fabrics that she chose.

The title of this post has just reminded me of the video that I saw on Rage Friday night....

10 comments:

willywagtail said...

Gorgeous green fabric. Thanks also for the trawl through your flower land. You are reaching new heights. If all the rest is up to your standards it must be a lovely exhibition. Cherrie

Miss Amy said...

oh wow fantastic idea!

Jennie said...

They are looking great Cam!
I know that song - but had never seen the video before! !!

Cotton Kiwi said...

What a great idea! Now I know what to make for the soon to be 21 year old across the road for her birthday. Loving your fabrics and thanks so much for the photos of your beautiful artworks in your last post. Amazing.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

They are gorgeous, and look great! I love her fabric choices.
I have been addicted to making zippered pouches for a few months now - I am pretty sure everyone I know will get at least one for Christmas off me, hehe.

julie said...

Those pouches DO look really nice. I now feel the urge to make lots of zippered pouch in order to learn how to sew zippers properly.

Unknown said...

Too funny - I saw the title and thought of the same song. We listen to it frequently in the car, and Noah tries to sing along (is that a bad thing, I wonder?). Whenever I hear it, I think of this lady: http://whippetgoodwhippet.blogspot.com/

Your zips look perfect, you can never have too many zippered pouches either - so handy.

Finki said...

they look damn hot CP. you're photo's are excellent too. Beautiful clarity and definition.

Melissa G said...

The fabric you have selected is lovely. I especially like the Autumny brown fabrics.

michelle said...

they are so gorgeous cam. that green is divine and i love the combinations you have used