Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Flat Cap on a Sunday afternoon


I put my hand up to pattern test the new You Sew Girl Flat Cap pattern on the weekend.

I love this style of hat. I have a really small head (I made the smallest size in the pattern), so it's hard to find a hat that suits.


It's also notoriously difficult to photograph a hat effectively!


I used a really thin wool suiting fabric - it's actually the exact same fabric that I used for my beret.

I wanted to have a bit of fun on the interior (business on the outside / party on the inside), so I lined it with my Clark Loves Edna fabric


I'm totally in love with it, so now I'm going to make some for the nephews.
If you like a bit of instant gratification sewing, then this Flat Cap pattern is available for instant download. Gotta love technology!

9 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Love it Cam. Why no photo of you wearing it :-)

Nikki said...

Perfect fabric combo, Cam. Love it!

Anna said...

Wow! Looks terrific.

JaBCreations said...

Love the lining.

Melissa Gaggiano said...

Cool hat. Your inside lining is the cherry on top. I love the fun in your fabric prints. You have me itching to try fabric printing.

Amy Gunson said...

This is just my stay of hat! I love it!

Naturally Carol said...

Such a cheeky lining..and a great cap!

Miss Prudence said...

me likey!!

Dianne said...

Love the hat! But really, how come head sizes vary sooo much, but really all look the same? 'cos I have a BIG head apparently!( when it comes to hats)