Friday, October 30, 2009

A little red dress

I had a fun day out with Bec today..... a scrumptious lunch (we both ordered a big breakfast of course), and then we spent the afternoon checking out some lovely handmade and crafty shops.

I found this gorgeous vintage red dress at a new and very cute little shop in Yarraville named Mandrake and Willow. They stock lots of lovely vintage and handmade items.

I bought it home and teamed it one of my flower brooches....

We also found another new shopfront for The Craft Circle. They stock everything that you could ever need for all different types of felting (nothing acrylic - all pure wool). They also have hand dyed and commercially dyed felt sheets, plus books, craft kits, and sorts of lovely things. The website hasn't been updated yet but they're at 52 Williamstown Rd, Yarraville.

After all that eating and shopping and excitement, we ended the day at the gelati shop - PERFECT!


14 comments:

MooBear Designs said...

Red dresses are just so sexy!!! No matter the style, cut, size, pattern... I do like your red dress... I might have to pull mine out of the wardrobe...

xo Steph

The Essess said...

Great dress Curl, Looks good with the red brooch! Very nice...

Kelly O. said...

that sounds like SO much FUN!

Michelle said...

If I could send a whistle I would...
How glam...
just a fantastic colour...
and you look great in it!!!
Love the idea of a big breakie...
But I think I would have to get up early..lol...
So I'll have a gelato instead...

julia said...

Great look!!!!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

LOVE the dress! And, I can't imagine it without the flower brooch.

Unknown said...

Great dress - sounds like a fab shop ! Sounds like you had a lovely day today.

Vanessa

trash said...

I now have that Prince song repeating in my head using the title of this blog post!

One Flew Over said...

Sounds like you two ladies had a wonderful day! Lovely dress, looks fantastic x

gret said...

Heya, thanks for your comments on my post. Yes, I have cutting mat and rotary cutter, just using a metal rule instead of a quilting one which I think is my problem. Love that red dress too! Looks great. :o)

Miss Muggins said...

What a super dress. You look smokin' hot!

Kate said...

Gorgeous!! There's all this talk of blomeets in Daylesford at the end of next month but sounds like you could do some crafty tours around you hood. Have a great weekend Cam. X

Tas said...

Crafty, vintage and gelati. Oh, and a little red dress. Heaven!

Stacey said...

I visited that shop myself on the weekend, and had gelati as well.
Snapola!