- Come along for all or part of the day to sew
- Donate fabric, batting or backings for use
- Make any 12 inch block and send it in and we will make them up into quilts on the day
- Make a Scrappy Log Cabin block - Emma has a good tutorial here
- Offer to machine quilt one or two quilts for us
- Offer to hand quilt a quilt
- Offer to hand sew a binding or two
- Come along to make calico bags for the quilts
- You might have a half-done quilt top you are happy to donate to be finished off
- Spread the word - please pass on to all of your crafty friends
We particularly need backings and offers of machine quilting or hand quilting (either on the day or afterwards) though and are happy to list down the businesses that support us so if you think of anyone you can ask please let me know.
When: Saturday 21st March 9.30am - 4.30pm
Where: LightHouse, Ashburton Uniting Church, 7 Ashburn Grove, Ashburton, 3147
What to bring: Your sewing supplies, fabric, lunch. Morning and afternoon tea provided.
Contact: Jan Joseland on 0409 964 755 or email@example.com
It would be great to see as many people come along as possible so if you are free please consider joining in…..and the bonus is not only are we helping out in some little way but it’s sure to be a really fun day!
There are appoximately 20 quilt tops that are ready to be transformed into lovely warm quilts, so please go along and help if you can.