Sunday, July 18, 2010

A kitchen update

This was the extent of the kitchen before - a wood stove, sink, and bench with open shelves

I don't think I ever got around to sharing the photos of mums new cottage kitchen (after sharing the before photos).


I took these photos a little while back while things were still a work in progress - notice no kickpanels yet.....
Painting all the wood panelling has really brought out the features of the beautiful original wood stove and mantel.

 

Mum decided to keep the wood panelling natural above the sink (I would have painted it, but it's not my house so I didn't get the final say).

 

.....and at this stage we were still waiting on the new benchtop for the storage units next to the fridge (thankfully it wasn't my error so I didn't have to pay for it - phew)!

Oh and a quick tip if you're doing a kitchen reno - don't order white kickpanels. They are impossible to keep clean. This kitchen is getting black kickpanels which will be perfect for all the country mud!

I still miss my old kitchen.... sigh

13 comments:

Jennie said...

Ooh, I would have painted the wood over the sink too. Oh well. It'll give you something to look at whenever you visit.

Copper Patch said...

Wow it is an amazing contrast! IT looks like a fabulous kitchen to cook in. Just checking out your old one now....

Margaret said...

I agree with the white kick panels, we have learnt the hard way with our kitchen as well.

Selina said...

Yes we went brushed silver kicks in our kitchen works great, happy renos!

MooBear Designs said...

Wow... It's such a dramatic change!! Yet the major part was painting the wood!! great stuff...

Xo Steph

Swirlyarts said...

Wow! I remember the before pics and the after pics make it look so much different. The white cabinets are fab.

The Essess said...

Yes it is 100% better, great design by Curlypops, uses the space appropriately! And yes mum had to keep some pine but at least she painted some of it!!! ha!

Unknown said...

It's looking so good !

Liesl said...

Its such a great reno - the "after" looks lovely. How about a bit of moonlighting as an interior designer?

Cuggles! Kids said...

Did my first comment get lost? Stupid technology. Was saying I covet thy mother's kitchen. Would love to be sitting around that table with tea and scones! Looks great. Kim

Gypsy said...

It's lovely Cam, I love the painted woodwork, very pretty.

Drewzel said...

Looks great! I agree with you about painting the wood too!
Was in Colac on Sunday, I thought of your mum (yes i know she's in Beeac).

Anastasia said...

ohhh im getting a new white kitchen too - our kitchen guy does silver mettalic kickboards but hey thanks for the tip!!
cant wait now...