Thursday, November 20, 2008

The room formerly known as....

...the kitchen (slightly blurry photo from real estate agent).


I was chuckling about this post from Jess yesterday, so I decided to play show and tell.

We've had a contract signed on the house (but no celebrating just yet as it's not a completely done deal until the 28th November). The good news is that it means no more inspections for the time being...yippee!

So this is what the kitchen now looks like. I've relegated myself to eating meals sitting on the couch as there's no room on the table anymore. The middle bench has now become the fabric cutting bench instead. I'm hoping to get lots of christmas pressies whipped up while I have lots of room to spread out.

But first, I need to make some tags to attach to my fete goodies....



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

such great news about your house!! A new start for you now! My xmas sewing seems to have totally gone out the window!! Better get it back :) love your tags

Tanya said...

loverly home:)
thanks for your comment:)Yup I did hand print that fabric...Its great to have some feedback:)

Michelle said...

great news...i think my house always looks like the after shot!!!

Drewzel said...

I love it!! hahah

Sarah-Jo said...

love the tags they look lovely!

your kitchen is beautiful, even with the messy sewing scattered willy nilly haahhaa

Taccolina said...

Whew. Finally, a blog post that looks like MY house! Too bad it's the After shot.

Reenie said...

Great news Ms Curly Pops re your house. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Anonymous said...

you're most of the way there and very few contracts fall over at this stage. great news!!

let the crafting take over I say. love the labels, and check out a handbag I saw in melb weekly that I thought had curly pops written all over it! it's the marimekko bag at 4m.com.au

Anonymous said...

good news on the house....although a little sad no doubt

Liesl said...

Congratulations on the sale - keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you on finalising the contract.

I think all the craft stuff is what makes ones house a home (my house is very homely!).

SadieandLance said...

Yippee a signed contract is better than a kick in the pants right? Or an unsigned contract for that matter!

And your after shot aint so bad. My dining table permenantly looks like that only times about 5!

muralimanohar said...

Ahh..the peace to spread out. Exactly why I LOVE LOVE having my own sewing area, rofl.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

hehehe... your dining table looks like ours! Certainly no eating going on there either! Mind you, your kitchen is MUCH tidier than ours at the moment... maybe I shouldn't have confessed that though...