Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Creative Space & A Book Launch


In my creative space today is a project that I was supposed to get finished yesterday, instead of spending the entire day faffing around (somewhat due to my lack of patience and interest in computer hardware).... Oh, yes, and I  might have gone out to have lunch at a nice little cafe too.

But anyway, I digress....this is going to be my Softie for Mirabel. It's just a simple little fuzzy bear softie that I designed yonks ago to use for Toy Society drops.

I had grand plans of having a proper tutorial written for making him, but I'm not going to have time, so I'm just going to share my pattern, and some super basic instructions. You can download a pdf copy here if you're interested, or I've also added links via my tutorial page.
It was written in a huge hurry so if there are any glaring errors, I'm apologising in advance!

Lovely photo used courtesy of Kate

In other crafty news, I was very lucky to be able to go along to Pips book launch for Sew La Tea Do on Tuesday night. I forgot to take my camera, so lets just pretend that Pip is signing my copy of her lovely book in this photo, shall we.....


The home of My Creative Space....

21 comments:

Andi said...

Such a cute teddy-to-be!!!

Lou said...

Love all that own design fabric in the photo there. Sounds like a great night out as well. I will have to check out the book. Very cool. Lou.

Alex Daw said...

Aha! Now I know what Softie for Mirabel is....hmmm I was looking at a knitted elephant the other day thinking he looked a bit lonely....perhaps he's off to Melbourne?

Cotton Kiwi said...

Very cute bear. He'd make a great stocking filler. Wish I could get away with handmade stuff in my kids stockings. They would twig straight away that it was Mummy not Santa unfortunately. The Sew La Tea Do book has me intrigued. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

B @ Sweet Limes said...

That owl fabric is darling!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Cute softie! My 3 year old has just informed me that he likes it (read that "Make me one please Mummy").
What are you doing with all the yummy fabric?

LeelaBijou said...

Super cute! I love the owl fabric too :)

willywagtail said...

Your bear has eyes that remind me of someone's fabric. Now whose was it? Heather Bailey .... Robert Kauffmann .. I just dont know...

Brianna said...

Fuzzy Bear is so cute, I'm sure a little boy or girl is going to love him!

Chantal said...

That softie's going to be super cute! Also liking that teal coloured fabric on the right, under the owls. Are they bikes printed on it?

Photography said...

The bear looks great :-) And nice to meet Pip!

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Oh teddy is adorable! I love all the fabric you designed too.

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh he is soo cute!! xo

Clare said...

Fuzzy Bear loks great, very cute. Ditto with others, loving the owl fabric in the shot too.

Anna Bartlett said...

Your fabric looks divine, folded up like that, ready to be whipped into something incredible! ANd how exciting for you to be there at Pip's launch too. I've put the book on my Christmas list (ok, I've told my sister to buy it for me).

Sherrin said...

Your softie looks like it will be great. And... wow! Look at all those fabrics designed by you- how ace are you! :o)

Kylie said...

Very cute bear:) and look at that fabric pile:)

Heartfire At Home said...

That bear is going to look irresistably gorgeous!! Wish I could sew, I'd have a go at making him. :)

Linda. xx

Cate said...

Love the softie...it's going to be soo cute :-) And just on a completely random aside (as I do) I love Pip's top too!!

Snooze said...

Lots of gorgeous craftiness in your neck of the woods ... and your softie is so sweet.
My Creative Space

Lucky-1 said...

I was recommended your blog and found this adorable teddy. I make and run a HUGGLES For Kids appeal for sick and traumatized children.

I hope you don't mind if I make some of these for the children.

HUGGLES
Lucky