Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who you gonna call???


The Stash Busters!

I sooooo wish that I'd taken a before photo - I was completely out of control (again).
Now it's all neatly sorted into waddings and stuffings / cotton plains / cotton prints / furnishings / corduroy / flannelette / fluffy softie fabrics / teatowels / tablecloths and placemats, and then sorted by colour.

The girls helped me to go through one by one, and decide which ones to keep and which ones to add to the piff* pile.... and Bec even vaccumed to make sure that it looked extra spic and span once we'd finished!


We took a little lunchtime break where we enjoyed Liesl's beautiful chocolate cake....

Sorry about the terrible photography by me

.....and surprised Mel by celebrating her birthday (well she would have been surprised if she hadn't heard us whispering behind her back in the kitchen while we were lighting the candles)!


Oh, and in case you were wondering.... yes, that cupboard in the laundry should have sliding doors.

* Now I'm a little worried - piff is an aussie slang word which means 'throw away'..... but it seems that piff may mean something else entirely.

**PS - Pop on over and visit Mel and wish her a very happy birthday
***PPS - If you see me anywhere in vicinity of a fabric shop, please send me home.

23 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

You make me laugh! Did you track down that Scandinavian-looking fishing fabric? Your shelves look lurvely, by the way.

And counting those candles, the birthday girls all about 10 years old!

Stomper Girl said...

Who knew that piff had so many funny meanings? I liked dude that monkey just piffed in my face the best.

Your stash is beeyewdiful and organised, well done The Stash Busters

Liesl said...

Wow, I much prefer the other definitions of piff. We could have just called it the fart pile, huh? Of course the Stash Busters are not (quite) that uncouth.

Thanks for letting us come and fondle all your fabric. It was fun!

Fat Chick Design said...

I am happy yo help you out with your stash!
Its always such a mission to sort, but I always get a burst of inspiration when its done, especially when its followed with cake!

Piff is the bit of stuff under the layer of skin on a orange where I come from, I didn't know it was a naughty word!
Bonnie
:)

Kate said...

Looks gorgeousand so user friendly.
Do you think the stash busters are for hire?
Have a wonderful week Cam.

bec said...

I can't stop laughing, imagine if we were all smoking piff while we were cleaning hahaha. Told you it was a wierd word! And yes, we are for hire, we work for food and fabric teehee

Gypsy said...

If only I could operate a calendar correctly I would have been there busting your stash and eating cake! Instead, I was selling cake on the cake stall at our school fair! Sorry Cam, next time I'll be sure to write EVERYTHING in my calendar before I agree to a date! Looks like you girls had a fab day.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It looks absolutely fantastic. The girls did a great job. It looks like I missed a fun day.

Kate said...

Nice work! I can only dream of having a whole cupboard to store fabric in... :-)

willow and moo said...

Looks great! An organised stash is always so pleasing to look at it. Yours makes me smile.

Tanya said...

While I would drown doing something like that myself, you just remind me that these things can be really fun when done together. Looks like you had loads of fun AND were productive! Amazing

willywagtail said...

What a hoot to have help and fun while doing this depressing job. Do you find you change your categories every time you tidy up? Cherrie

Luisa said...

wow..i have stash envy now!
happy birthday Mel.

Unknown said...

Hehe...love it.

Tracey said...

Wow - what a lovely productive and fun-filled day. Everyone looks well pleased! :)

(that cake looks divine).

Jennifer Rose said...

i was wondering about your piff pile there for a sec :p

NessaKnits said...

Pith is the white bit under an orange!

Pitch extras out maybe?

Sandrine said...

I just learned a new word, and discovered that maybe we all suffer a kind of strange fabric addiction syndrome or something:) But yours is just soooo well organised :) LOLxx

Hanging Off The Wire said...

You received an award on my blog! Check it out here: http://hangingoffthewire.blogspot.com/2010/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

Karin said...

Wow! It looks so lovely, all those colours in a row. Stash envy for sure!

noodleBubble said...

JEALOUS of your organisation... I get too sidetracked staring at lovely patterns dreaming about what I could make If I'd ever have the heart to cut any of the pieces in my stash...

mmm Cake...


X

Prem Saisha said...

Hi,New follower..
Hope you stop by too!

Zane Wooder said...

I wish I was there. I would of loved a piece of chocolate cake.

-Zane of ontario honey