Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Then this one time... at craft camp



I was so completely chuffed when Nic from Yardage Design won the weekend getaway to The Retreat Woodend (she's a really good egg you know).

I was even more chuffed that even though I couldn't stay for the weekend, I was able to head down for a fun day out with some lovely crafty chicks (and Pam)!.


There were lots of different crafts happening, but I chose block printing.

Nic bought along all of the supplies that we needed, and showed us all the tips and tricks, before letting us loose with lino cutters and that stuff that's softer than lino but I can't remember the name of (sorry you can blame the lack of oxygen to the brain for my terrible memory).

Oh and just by the way.... I have NO idea what Nic was making. What was it again?



Put a group of crafty bloggers in a room together and it's always a crack up. There was much discussion about hair accessories and bacon. Not necessarily together. There was boasting and laughter about my Kirk Pengilly fangirl moment.


Afternoon tea. O.M.G. there are no words... Cathie made my two favourite things - her Banana Bread and Lemon Tart.


My moustaches. At one point I thought they looked more like seagulls, but I think I like them en masse like that.


Oh, and this is my finished floral panel.

Now I just need to heat set them with the ironing press and decide what to make.
This was heaps of fun and I'll definitely try it again.

Thanks so much for all the fun and laughter girls!

11 comments:

Car said...

That looks like FUN! I enjoy stamp carving, though the small erasers arent much chop :D

love your Mo's and floral panels!

Chiara Z said...

Sounds like a great day. I'm getting into some block printing too--so much potential! And I tried Cathy's lemon tart for the first time at the Made 'n' Thornbury market the other day--is there an official fan club???

yardage girl said...

So glad you enjoyed it Cam ~ I had a ball! Love your mo's too!

Vic said...

What WAS she making?!

Unknown said...

I remember doing those kinds of stamps when I was in school. I really should do it with the kids, let them make their own fabric panels!

(translate this as I will make my own fabric panels and say that I am playing with the kids...)

Naturally Carol said...

So much deliciousness!

teddybearswednesday said...

I love your printing!

Cathie said...

so much fun wasn't it!
wish you & Vic could have stayed the night.
how funny is Chiara Z!

Anna Bartlett said...

I've had some of that soft rubbery stuff here for years and haven't carved it yet! One day... love your work!

Kellie said...

Oh it looks fabulous. Wish I could have met you all.

Kate said...

So much fun!
I wish we could all play again this weekend.