Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brown Owls


Lastnight was another fun crafty night at Brown Owls and I learned something new and fabulous! I took my little sewing kit along......my scissors, needles, thread, pins, and my gorgeous little red pincushion handmade by Libby.....


Pip bought along Peaches the Piggy and Mirabel (Belle for short) so that we could wonder in amazement at the extraordinary talents of the two creative ladies that made them.....

I wore my gorgeous Betty Jo Owl Brooch to get into the owlie spirit.
I learned how to hand piece, and I actually managed to finish this sweet little pincushion (admittedly I was still sewing on buttons while everyone else was cleaning up)!

My nest is getting a little squishy so I'll have to start searching for a new home for my little owlie friends before my next meeting in the clubhouse.....


5 comments:

Kirsty said...

You did such a great job Cam. Look how good that pincushion looks!

Michelle said...

Yay! Your pincushion is totally devine! As is the pouch for your sewing supplies - loving it!

Sherrin said...

I love your sewing pouch... and how cool is your little pin cushion! I need to make one of those.

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I love yourpincushion. Great job.
Glad you had fun at Brown Owls :)
Kyla

Danielle said...

Your pin cushion is lovely. Am sure your seams were beautifully flat too :)