Just don't look too closely....... there are only 19 textas instead of 20....... I made the last slot on the right hand side too small and the last texta wouldn't fit. I'm sure a 4 year old won't notice!
I had a couple of great suggestions from Jodie and Megsie who suggested using bias tape. I should have taken then up on that suggestion because then I wouldn't have had the 20th texta problem. Next time, I'm definitely using bias tape to finish it off!
I started this bag lastnight and finished it off today. I used Jodies pattern again because I really like the shape of the bag.
I used this skirt that I bought at the op-shop. I used an embroidered panel on both sides of the bag.
I used some skirt offcuts to make the inside pockets and the button closure. The blue buttons are also from last weeks op-shopping spree.
I made the strap longer this time so that it can be used as a shoulder strap, but I also added buttonholes so that the strap is actually removable. Then I can change it to a short strap if I want to.
I don't actually know how to use the button hole foot on my sewing machine so I just used a really close zig-zag stitch.
I'll give it a test run when I go out tomorrow.