I love making various different types of meatballs using minced lamb, beef, turkey, or chicken.
They're a great way of incorporating vegies into a meal (for those of use who don't like eating our vegies), and they're also a really inexpensive meal for a family.
These tasty chicken and vegie balls can be served with salad, vegies, or chips, and they're also great to use in spaghetti and meatballs - just boil some pasta and make a simple tomato based sauce to go with it.
Ingredients (makes approximately 30 small balls):
250g chicken mince
1 large carrot
1 red capsicum
1 small zuchini
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Put the carrot, capsicum, zuchini and onion through the food processor using the small grater attachment (alternatively just use a hand grater).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the breadcrumbs) and combine well.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Check the consistency of the mix - you should be able to roll the mix into balls that don't fall apart. You may need to add more breadcrumbs if the mix is too gluggy.
- Roll the mixture into little balls (a great job for the kiddies).
- Shallow fry in some olive oil until cooked through.