Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Finki Challenge - Turning Japanese



I've been racking my brain for the past week, thinking about what on earth I could make for this months design challenge over at Finki.

The theme for the month is Turning Japanese, so I decided to use my absolute favourite Japanese Fabric - Kokka Ume Komachi Blossom.

I bought myself some flex frames months ago, and they've been sitting in the stash, just begging to be used. I finally took the time to sit down and take some measurements, and after a little bit of trial and error (and a bit of unpicking and cursing), I worked out how to construct a glasses case. I've lined the case with some fusible wadding for a bit of cushiony protection..... and it matches my glasses perfectly!

14 comments:

Kate said...

That turned out brilliantly! I love that fabric! Have a great Sunday. X

dillpickle said...

Rather lovely, I think. And so useful! I'm not surprised it's your favourite Japanese fabric - it's really gorgeous!!

willow and moo said...

That is a great idea! It's always nice having something that you see a lot made out of a favourite fabric.

Andi said...

Very gorgeous and practical too.
Gotta love that!!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Did you mean to coordinate the case with the glasses or does it all just come naturally to you?? Very pretty indeed. Love Posie

Ashleigh said...

Love it absolutely love it! I would love to make a glasses case for my mum when I find the time. How does it do up? Velcro? Drawstring?

Sandi said...

Excellent, very stylish, Cam. Every girl could do with one of these.

Nikki said...

Gorgeous, perfect, worth the racking of brain!

Sarah said...

Hey those are really spiffy!

Swirlyarts said...

It does match your glasses perfectly!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Very cool! I love that fabric too and actually have a couple of metres of it in my stash waiting for something special to come along to be made out of it.

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh very nice :D why can't glasses cases have patterns like that on them instead of boring solid colours? would be much better

Ulla said...

Beautiful project! I have to wear my glasses all the time so I don't need a case for them. I have bought two flexi frames but they came without any instructions so I just have them waiting for the perfect project to make me try my skills with them.

Pippi creates said...

What a lovely little project. My sister has a denim skirt with a panel of that very same japenses fabric. It is gorgeous isn't it!