Saturday, January 9, 2010

Road Tripping


Lake Beeac

Me and my little car have been driving all over the countryside this week.... I've been making the absolute most out of my last week of holidays.


Beeac


Yesterday I headed off for another country road trip with my mum and my older sister. Our first stop was Colac (sorry no photos). It's a much quicker drive now that the Geelong Ring Road is finally open.

We were short on time as we had errands to run in town, so we didn't get to check out all of the oppies, before we headed for Beeac.



Beeac is tiny, but it has a fantastic secondhand shop jam packed full of bargains. Inside this huge shed was everything from tools, to books, to an old Singer Sewing Machine (that I had to leave behind as I just can't fit it into my house).



I found some absolute gems that I did bring home - a vintage sleeveboard for $15. I've been searching for one of these ever since I used one in Nikki's Pursemaking Class.



An old hat stand (yes - it does need some cleaning and some repair work, but it was only $2)



And this gorgeous vintage basket and Meakin Plate for $5



On the way home, we stopped off in Winchelsea



There are four great secondhand shops in Winchelsea. The one above is only open on weekends so we had to be content with staring in the windows instead.



They don't have the same type of bargains that can be found in Beeac....



But there were some fabulous vintage items and plenty of gorgeous old furniture.

Definitely worth the road trip!

14 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a great few op shopping days! How cool is scoring a sleeve pressing board! You find the best stuff!

bec said...

Yay for the sleeve board! Now for a pressing ham, right? Wow, I told you there would be good one's down that way- count me in for the next road trip! PS Blender works a treat, child having first smoothie from it this morning!

Jennifer Rose said...

i love seeing the style of the buildings :) very pretty basket :)

Unknown said...

Loving the hat stand! I really must get out and see more of Victoria. I would love to see a little map of all the places you went too!
Sophie x

yardage girl said...

Nice finds - things and places. Thanks for the tips - we often set off on a roadtrip on the weekends. Nic

Leonie Guld said...

I have been looking for one of those baskets for YEARS I tell ya....YEARS.....Sooooooooo If you find its not to your liking now that you are home....my address is....PO Box ......

Vic said...

Oh you should have told me!!! We could'a hung out!!! (Although I'm secretly glad you didn't get to all the oppies lmao)

Christina Lowry said...

The hat stand!! I love it! I have been on the look out for one like this and I have had no luck, but I am reinvigorated by your find! The search continues! :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

So lucky, all those finds & good company in the car!! Love Posie

Unknown said...

You've inspired me to think about taking my car over the Strait and do a country Victoria road trip...I want to buy stuff too!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

The fabulous adventures of CurlyPops. You have been all over the place. Wish I was free to take road trips with you.

zoesquid said...

Must check out that 2nd hand store in Beeac.
What great finds!

Melanie said...

sounds like you are have a fantastic time.

Finki said...

oh my gosh...I have that exact same basket in blue and white too. what great taste you have (: