Excuse the pants - I only iron when I'm sewing!
Well I promised myself that it would be onward and upward after the first trial.... and so I tried again.
I decided that a top would be more practical than a dress. I had this lovely vintage fabric in the stash that I received from a friends mum. It was from the same lot as the Tahiti fabric.
The fabric is quite sheer, so I interfaced the top rectangular sections, and added a muslin lining to the front drapey section. I had to overlock all of the seams to prevent it from fraying too.
The front and the back are exactly the same, which makes it a little bulky at the back (the back doesn't have any lining), and I widened the shoulder straps to make sure that my bra wouldn't be on show.
This one actually made it out of the house, as I gave it a swelter test run during yesterdays heatwave. I think I quite like it!