Friday, December 17, 2010

Groovy 70's (or 80's or 90's)


So it's Friday - the perfect day to unwind, relax and have a chuckle, or just reminisce by sharing some photos.



I'm the little one in these photos.... I hope my big sister doesn't mind me plastering her photo all over the internet. I'm nearly two years old (late 1975 early 1976), so my little sister would have been on the way.

The originals are black and white so I'm assuming this was before colour film - anyone?


Gotta love my dads idea of a sandpit (he worked in a quarry) - just dump a load of sand on the lawn.

I would totally wear these cute outfits again if I could!


I had to include this one for a very good reason - judging by the candles, it's my fifth birthday. But that's not the interesting part of the story.

Since this photo was taken in 1979, I think my mum has moved house at least thirty times, but when she moved house again earlier this year, she actually gave me this tablecloth. It's looking a little worse for wear, but it's in my stash.... now what will I make?

Have you got any groovy 70's (or 80's or 90's for the youngens) photos to show? Pop in your link so we can all see!

17 comments:

Michelle said...

I was about to comment on that tablecloth, and then you mention it's now in your stash!

Love all the photos. Aren't you and your sister cuties?!?

willywagtail said...

You look super cute. Trust kids not to keep the sand in one pile. I think you should make a skirt or skort for yourself, teaming it with denim if their isn't enough strength left in it. Cherrie

nicole said...

those outfits definitely are the cutest!

Jennifer Rose said...

better a grassy sandpit then playing in the quarry ;p

Miss Amy said...

LOVING the sandpit ;) I think my parents would have gotten us a clam shell style thing and just let us play in that without the sand **laugh**

Maxabella said...

How cute are you! Don't you love how all the photos of kids in the seventies are so far away!!! There was always LOTS of landscape to contend with. x

our shabby cottage said...

So cute Cam, love it, I have colour photos of myself at that age, I was born in '73.

Miss Muggins said...

as cute as ever, Cam xx

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

Love the wicker prams!

Mum has coloured pics from about '67-'68, so maybe your mum hadn't upgraded to a colour camera or film yet? The B&W one's look great!

Photography said...

How cute - Love old pics!! And the clothes rock!

gret said...

Oh I love those little prams! So cute!

74 Lime Lane said...

Isn't it great to look back. And it looks like we share the same great year. I have colour pics from when I was a baby, good old Kodak.

Megan said...

Very good of your Mum to have such excellent foresight to keep such a wonderful tablecloth! I think it would make a very cute half apron with the purple line and flowers along the bottom.

Karin said...

Awwww. Very cute. Seems like you guys had lots of fun. :-) I'll have to dig something out to share.

My dad took many slides, mostly in colour. His collection dates back to the late 1940's.

Sandrine said...

Totally cute Cam!Amazing how you still have that table cloth :)x

spectacularfairywren said...

Great idea for a post-a-long. Thanks!
And love the sandpit on the lawn... and the thongs shed mid-sandpit...

Vireya said...

Colour print photos have existed since about 1940, but didn't become widely available until the 1960s. However, colour film used to cost much more to buy and process than black & white did, so most families couldn't afford it. Colour slides were cheaper than colour prints. We had one roll of colour slides a year - at Christmas. Other than that it was B&W prints.