Friday, April 18, 2008

A Week of Pillowcases - Day 5

Sorry about the false advertising in the post title.
This was supposed to be day 5 of the week of pillowcases, but after visiting 2 op-shops today, I couldn't find even one pretty pillowcase.........

So instead, this is what I did find. Some wool......why?......I don't know......I can't knit......but it was very pretty wool and I'm going to learn how to knit at Brown Owls soon!

This lovely brown floral Jacqui E skirt in my size!

This embroidered skirt (not in my size) but with potential for an apron or a handbag or some cushion covers......An orange corduroy skirt (also not in my size) but perfect for another project. I love corduroy and this is a gorgeous colour!


A really cute embroidery book with some simple how to's and this sweet little kids craft book called '101 Things to Make'.


I'm going to keep this book for when my nephews come to visit for a bit of crafting fun.


.......and finally, here are the entries for my 100th post giveaway. They're in the sombrero, ready to draw when Mr CurlyPops gets home from work. Good luck to everyone who entered!

.....and last but not least, thanks so much to Kirsty for her lovely week of pillowcases and to Pip for hosting the week....I had lots of fun! I can't wait to make one of those peg aprons!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

What great op-shop finds... I bet you can't wait to learn how to knit now so that you can use up some of that gorgeous yarn..

Jodie :)

Sherrin said...

I love the corduroy. Can't wait to see how it reinvents itself!

Michelle said...

Thats such a great colour corduroy, a rusty colour. Really nice. And I love the sombrero!!

Selina said...

I like the skirt, pity it doesnt fit - good find!