Saturday, February 5, 2011

Oh What a Night - Part One


Opening Night finally arrived!


It was so exciting to look inside the window and see beautiful things from some of my fave crafty peeps and then wander inside and see some of my very own handcrafted goodies for sale....


.... like one of my Owlie Pouches just hanging around waiting to go to a new home.


But then, it was soooo much more exciting to walk upstairs and see some of my sculptural works displayed in a gallery space for the very first time.


Along with these beautiful original artworks by Tinniegirl.


The thing that I love about group shows is that the artworks are so diverse. There really is something for everyone.


I fell in love with these pieces by Christine Hickson. Do you see the one on the bottom left? It's called 'Dorothy Grows Up' and it's coming home to live at my place at the end of the exhibition.

It suits me to a tee, and how could I not buy it, when it reminds me so much of my favourite shoes (which I just so happened to be wearing lastnight)




A big thankyou must go out to Steph and Marcia for being such wonderful hosts.

If you're out and about around the Ballarat area, you really must pop in for a visit.

21 comments:

Missie Krissie said...

Fame and fortune coming your way Cam! First on tv and then in an exhibition! Remember us poor plebs when u're rolling in it ok? lol
xx

Anonymous said...

woweee! your arrangement is stunning and i love the artwork you bought too. what fun!!

x

Tas said...

So much gorgeous stuff. I can only imagine how cool it would be to see your craftiness displayed in such glory. Congrats!

jodie said...

Oh MY GoD ..... I saw Dorothy grows up and my heart skipped a beat - and then I saw the red SOLD dot.... It was you !!!!!

Cate said...

Your flowers look divine - I'm sure you were a big hit! Well done!
xxxCate

Jennie said...

Congratulations Cam - your items look fabulous!!
And I love the painting you chose - perfect for you!XX

Chantal said...

Wish I lived closer to Ballarat! This exhibition looks like so much fun. Your flowers look excellent.

Betty Jo said...

It looked a fantastic night. Soggy, but fantastic.
Love the piece you bought.

Naturally Carol said...

Unreal banana peel...love those flowers! Tinniegirls artworks are georgeous too. I would have picked the same picture...good choice. The way each installation was displayed was excellent as far as I can tell.

Unknown said...

Great Choice in the Art Work..Well Done on your Exhibition...

Kate said...

I've been dying to hear how it went!
Huge congratulations Cam on being a real and true exhibited in a gallery artist. How fabulous. here's to many, many more.

Unknown said...

What an amazing lot of talent , I love your artwork that is going home with you , beautiful !

Photography said...

I wish I was there! so I could pop in - thanks for giving us a taste though :-)

Anonymous said...

It all looks great Cam - well done. Planning on popping into the exhibition when I'm in Ballarat in a couple of weeks time. And Dorothy is gorgeous.

Cathie said...

yay Cam!! wonderful.
those paintings are amazing..of course the red shoes would become yours.

well done ♥

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

I love your fabric flowers the more I see them, they are just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow brilliant what a buzz you must have felt and very much well deserved to, your creations are amazing. I love the picture you have bought very girly ;-)dee x

Janice said...

Congratulations Cam. How very exciting to be an artiste in a gallery. I'm glad you are treating yourself to "Dorothy". I've just been catching ip on blog reading. You've been rather busy lately with wonderful creations. BTW, your new banner looks great too.

Cherie said...

Yayyyyyy Hip Hip Hooray, your flowers looked fabulous, well done Darling Cam ... Yayyyyyyy!!!

Maxabella said...

I WISH I was in Ballarat! x

Sandrine said...

Oh amazingly filled with talent! Wonderful love the art too :)