Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Brand New Fabric Designs



I spent quite a bit of time over the holidays, designing and sampling all of my new fabrics.

Then of course, I was stuck with the dilemma of trying to choose which ones to go ahead with for a print run?


I decided to begin with the quirky fun prints - Mixtape and Test Pattern.

Mixtape began as one of my original hand drawn illustrations which I've then coloured digitally and transformed into a pattern. Test Pattern was created using Adobe Illustrator. I'm still pretty chuffed that I've been able to teach myself to use it.

This one also co-ordinates with my Linear Fabric in Tangerine.

I wanted to add some more co-ordinates to the range, so I took the scallop pattern that I use in my Bibs, and transformed it into a repeatable fabric pattern.


I'd originally named this pattern Scales, but I really wasn't loving it so I put the call out on Instagram and Twitter and got some fab responses.... which has turned my brain into overdrive again.

Must remember these:

  • Parabola
  • Arches
  • Bumps
  • Gumdrops
  • Circus Tent
  • Humpty
  • Scallops
  • Sassy
  • Jelly
  • Jubes
  • Justice
  • Molars
This also co-ordinates with my Linear Fabric in Aquamarine

I only have a small quantity available at the moment, so get in quick!

2 comments:

Tas said...

So vibrant, Cam. Love the test pattern.Ah, the days when telly shows didn't run 24/7...showing my age...my youngest kid keeps asking if we had telly when we were kids.

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

I love them all Cam, esp the tapes and TV's. You are so creative, I love seeing what you will do next!