Tuesday, January 1, 2013

You've just gotta go with the flow Sew with the 'Jo


I don't know what it is at the moment, but the sewjo is on fire!

Maybe it's the fact that there's this strange space in time where I'm free to just do whatever I want. No doctors / no hospitals / no pulmonary rehab / no work / no plans / no appointments.


It's just so damn refreshing and I'm loving it!

The first thing I started on was a custom order for one of my infusion nurses. I wanted it to be really nice because she has the magic hands when it comes to cannulating. First time every time (unlike everyone else)!

She wanted something similar to my Go Granny Tote, but it needed to be wider, with a zipper opening, red fabric, and an adjustable strap.


I only had half a metre of this fabric and I had to use every single centimetre (hence the strap teamed with some webbing).


She also wanted a zip pouch, similar to the SuperPops pouch that I use for my drawing pens, but longer and wider.

The instructions for this lined pouch are in Nikki's You Sew Girl book.

That's the first two projects for the year... lots more to come!

Oh... and Happy New Year

9 comments:

Megan said...

What a great start to the year! Enjoy that relaxing appointment and hospital free time while it lasts!

Copper Patch said...

I know the feeling Cam - gotta embrace that sewey feeling as soon as it appears. Harvey slept for 4 hrs today and I was foot to the floor at the machine the whole time. It was awesome!!
Lets hope we both have lots more fun productivity in 2013 with a side serve of Bingo and a baby :)
Ab x

jodie said...

love the bag ! Yes, this little freefall of time is just the best.

Melody said...

Why haven't I ever followed your blog before? My 2013 goal is to blog more than I did in 2012 and follow new people!

The bag is awesome. You are one talented woman.

Cakelaw said...

What a terrific bag, and a great pressie for your nurse. Happy New Year!

Anna said...

Happy New Year and what a great way to start.

nicole said...

gosh you really have got the sewjo :D
go you!!

Becky said...

What a great start to 2013! Well done :)

annie said...

Lucky nurse! Here's to good health and lots more making in 2013! x