Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All the way from the UK


An amazing parcel landed on my doorstep yesterday, all the way from the UK! It was huge, and jam packed with crafty goodness.

Lynsey from Swirly Thoughts and Cuteable had a stash of lovely touristy tea towels in her cupboard which she most generously offered to send me. It was a bit difficult to fit them all in for a photo but here's a list:

London
Poole Quay
Christchurch NZ
Fleet Air Arm (which I'm assuming is the British Forces)
Blackpool
Corfu
Operations Ovelord Commemorative (British Forces)
Lancashire
Cornwall
Vancouver Canada

.....and the piece de resistance


...this one which was actually designed and printed in Australia! It's been around the world and returned home again.

There were also some beautiful buttons and trims.....

....and this set of bird napkins. I've fallen in love with the blackbird in the orange blossom tree so I'm going to make myself something special with that one.

Thankyou so much Lynsey....keep an eye out for all of these beauties to be transformed into funky aprons! I just wish you could have included a bit of your weather....it's faaaaar toooooo hooooooot today.


24 comments:

Katy said...

Aren't you a lucky chicken, (roast chicken today i would imagine!) i love the birds on the napkins, beautiful!

Sandi said...

Lots of lovely things there. I love the Aussie teatowel. Keep cool!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I think you're new apron range was meant to be. It seems like the materials you need just keep arriving at your finger tips. I think it's wonderful.

I love that blackbird. You should make your own little craft apron that you can wear to market and keep your essentials in. Can you make me one too?

Michelle said...

oh i'm in love with your whole parcel...so nice to get things all the way from england...
can't wait to see them as crafty goodies...

Sweet Mary said...

You lucky thing - I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Aren't you lucky? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW what a fab gift!! how generous!!! lucky you. and how's that amazing fork??

Lego lover said...

Wow what generosity! Lucky you.

Swirlyarts said...

We can swap weather today as it's meant to be cold and rainy here - I'll gladly have a bit of sun but maybe not as hot as it is there at the minute though! I can't wait to see the results of your crafting!

sewfunky said...

That's awesome! Fancy having a Aussie and a Kiwi teatowel amongst them!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I can see some great aprons for yr market. happy stitching

JustJess said...

Lucky you! The orange blossom blackbird is fabulous. Rather like a fabric I used to make a bag a whileback - let me see if there's any left and I'll send it your way!

The Essess said...

Can't believe you were sent so much cool stuff from so far away!!

Taccolina said...

Oh, I can see a Canada teatowel in there... I used to climb on that totem pole when I was about 2....
Lovely loot, my dear - you hauled!

Unknown said...

How kind , lucky you .
Clares Craftroom

Sasparilla Sue said...

That's a treasure trove of tea towels!! Tea towels aren't as popular here in the states (at least not on the west coast)so it's interesting to me to see all the stuff they put on them.

That blackbird napkin is gorgeous!

teddybearswednesday said...

Gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what you make of them! I especially love the australian animal one, and those napkins! I hope you do make something special for yourself from this bundle.

Liesl said...

How exciting! Its going to be the world tour of aprons :) Is the Blackpool teatowel the tower?

fi said...

what a score lucky lady:)

our shabby cottage said...

Wow, what a great supply to keep you busy!! The tea towels are wonderful. Way too hot here too!

Michelle said...

Score!!!! How unreal are those tea towels. Lucky thing, you!

abearmadethis said...

Hi CurlyPops, I've been a lurker here for eons now and thought it was about time I wrote! I love your tea towel aprons and wish I had my own each time I tie my husband's bbq one around my waist to do the dishes. Please let me know when/where your crafty stall will be as I'd love to visit and perhaps snaffle up a teatowel apron of my own.
xx Dee

Tobi said...

That Australia print is just fantastic! Great find.

Melanie said...

You will certainly be busy with that stash.