Sunday, January 4, 2009

Eye Spy....my best memory of 2008

I've been racking my brain trying to narrow down my selection of the best memories of 2008.

Then it just became completely obvious!

My best memory of 2008 is all of the new crafty friends that I've made this year. It's been amazing to be able to connect with other creative souls who understand why I love cutting and stitching and sewing and gluing and painting and beading..... and every other crafty / messy thing on earth!

It's so nice to spend time at a fabric shop with someone else who also loves to look at every single bolt, and ooh and aah over each one, without getting bored.

It's so nice to get together in a group and chat about crafting and baking and books and magazines and general silliness.

It's so nice to go treasure hunting at the op shop with a friend.

Thankyou Kat for your fabulous theme this week. Head on over to see Cindy to play along.
Happy Sunday!

10 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

You've summed it up perfectly. 2008 was a great year of crafty friendship. Here's to 2009 hey?

our shabby cottage said...

You know what, I would have to aggree! I was new to blogging last year and it completely opened my eyes up to a whold new world of fabulous crafty people. Since I started, I have made so many new friends and joined a craft group. Yeah for blogging!

manda said...

Definetly. I only started blogging in November/December and am really looking forward to a year full of DIY's, tutorials and WIPs!

Jemma. said...

I think that's a fairly unanimous one!
Good to "know" you this year.
Hope to see some of you at Brown Owls in '09!
-Jemma

Michelle said...

Oops! I think my comment got eaten! Anyway, I said that 2008 was a good year for crafty bloggy friends (including you! Most definitely including you!), so here's to another great year in 2009!

Sherrin said...

Lovely memories! And so true. It's the best to be able to spend time with someone whose eyes don't glaze over when you start talking about something crafty or go anywhere near fabric.

Liesl said...

That is a very nice memory indeed. There's nothing more congenial than chatting with like-minded friends about all things craft!

Taccolina said...

I whole-heartedly agree!

Drewzel said...

Yay to crafty friendships! I'm very glad to have met you :D

muralimanohar said...

Well, I'm glad you're here..you are definitely in my top list of bloggy friends! :p