Friday, January 30, 2009

Love Fridays..... and melting

Today I don't love the fact that it's going to be 43 degrees again...... enough already. Bah humbug to global warming.

I do love the fact that I have a pool in the backyard for another 5 weeks. I've just noticed that there's an inflatable pirate sword in the water (just in case you were wondering what on earth that was in the photo..... nephew droppings).

I also love the fact that I have an exciting weekend planned. Tinniegirl and I are heading off for the lovely day out at Sewjourn that we won during Blogtoberfest. We're going to sit in the lovely air-conditioned studio and craft away to our hearts delight!

My computer is not happy about being kept in a room that's 35 degrees and it keeps beeping at me to tell me that it's melting too...... so I haven't been visiting as many lovely blogs as usual but I'm hoping to catch up once the meltdown has subsided!

Hope you have a happy Friday too..... more Love Fridays here

19 comments:

meetmeatmikes said...

Splash! Ahhhh!

Miss Muggins said...

that pool looks divine! Bit worried about the thought of nephew droppings however!

Beck said...

Can I come over to your place? x

Melanie said...

I think the heat has made a lot of us downunder people a bit quiet on the blogging front so you are not alone:) now that we have all seen your pool, we ALL want to come over to play lol

Kate said...

Awww, so jealous! My crazy idea this morning was to go to gym, because it had to be cooler there than in my house...

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That's pretty much exactly the same post I was going to put up. Perhaps I can just direct people to read this!! See you soon.

Liesl said...

You have an inflatable pirate sword in your pool ... and I just have an inflatable pool (its very tricky squeezing the boys and my feet in all at once!).

Keep cool and have a fab day at Sewjourn. It should be wonderful. Can't wait to see what you make.

Cindy said...

A little jealous of Sewjourn, Have a great week-end - of course you will!

Sandi said...

Your pool looks very inviting. Have a lovely day out sewing and crafting (in air-conditioned luxury), lucky ducks! Keep cool.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

43?!? That's just cruel!

Have a great time at Sewjourn! Crafting with a friend and airconditioning, add a few frozen Tim Tams and it sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

edward and lilly said...

I'm glad you're escaping the heat this weekend, it sounds unbearable. Have a lovely crafty time and be sure to post some pics when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Oh, to be out of this heat and in that pool! How divine it would be. Such a shame that these days we can't even just run through the hose like we did when we were kids, because of the water restrictions ...

Sarah said...

Yeah I've been hearing quite a bit about this heatwave. It's pretty shocking what happened to the trains. You're certainly lucky to have a pool on a day like that!

Unknown said...

Oh I just want to have a swim in that pool! I don't want to know how hot it is here. All the students just melted in class. Have a wonderful weekend! Sounds lovely.
Sophie x

Megan.K. said...

Lucky you with that pool!
Love the phrase "nephew droppings" that made me laugh.
Have a super-fun weekend :)

Sarah said...

Oh I wish I was swimming in that pool right now...

Cass said...

Keep cool in that pool. Hope it eases up a bit for you soon

Taccolina said...

Poooooool.... wanna be in that poooooooool.... You just made me jealous (and I don't have a pirate sword, either!)

Jodie said...

I thought my computer was the only one that did that. I went and bought a new giant coaz cable yesterday and now am in another room.......impossible heat !!!
I am OVER IT!!!