Monday, February 9, 2009

A Crafty Community


Wowee it hasn't taken long for the entire crafty blogging community to get involved in offering some help for the victims of the Victorian bushfires.

There's a great post here from Pip regarding Childrens Comfort Packs:

You can drop any Handmade Help items at Meet Me at Mikes or Amitie Textiles to be passed on to relief agencies:

Silly Gilly is holding a charity auction (and is looking for handmade donations). I'm going to whip up a softie and send it south asap!

Cindy from Bug and Pop is also holding a charity auction (and is looking for handmade donations)... I think a tea towel apron might be heading her way.

Missie Krissie has just opened her new online shop and is donating 50% of the proceeds to the bushfire appeal until at least Wednesday.

Hollie from Hokey and Vegan and Vintage is donating 50% of the sales in her Etsy Shop to Wildlife Victoria for February

Liz aka Betty Jo from the Lino Forest is donating the proceeds from a gorgeous lino clock here

10% of all proceeds from Georgie Love for the month of February will be donated to the bushfire appeal.

Rach from Grandy and Baa is collecting handmade kids clothes (I have some tees which will be appliqued asap).

I hope I haven't missed anybody who is offering help.
Finally, I'm donating (to the Red Cross Appeal), 50% of any sales in the CurlyPops Shop from now until Sunday (15th Feb).


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all those links I'm off to check them out , hopefully I will be able to help some how .
clares craftroom

Amber said...

Wow what a strong little blogging community we have. Thanks for all the links.
xxx

zoesquid said...

The crafting community never ceases to amaze me!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I've been wanting one of your bags for ages, you just gave me the perfect excuse. I've bought one, will do direct deposit if that's ok. Thanks for all the liks. Off to have a look now.

Juddie said...

Hi Cam,
Just wanted to mention my book drive - I know it's not really the same as hand-made stuff, but I think it's really important for people (especially kids!) to have books in their lives ....
See you soon,
Juddie

The Toy Society said...

Hi Cam, The Toy Society is still collecting handmade toys. In less than 48 hours we've got 250+ toys! Anyone is still welcome to donate.

Jade said...

Thanks for all the links - will go check them out now!