Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Here's one I made earlier


One of the most depressing things that happened last week, was the fact that I missed the twins 2nd birthday. They did come in for a brief visit with me on their actual birthday, but they were more interested in running around the hospital cafeteria while trying to pinch the chupa chups that were set up at toddler height!

Thank goodness I was pre-organised this year, and already had their presents ready. We're going to have a little mini belated birthday cake session on Thursday to make up for it.


There's been many kerfuffles going on over at their house, about who gets to wear Moo Moo's Manbag, so I whipped up one for each of the twins, using some very groovy fabric that I bought from the Fat Quarter Shop before the dollar dropped.


I also found a good use for when there's one ball of yarn leftover from other projects....


I knitted up these little mini scarflettes, and added a vintage button from the stash. By the way, I have no idea how to do proper buttonholes - in this case, the button just pushes through the knitting.

Lets see how long these last around their necks before they end up on the floor!

The planned robot tees have been slightly delayed - not only is the scanner completely kaput, but now my PC is dead too....

17 comments:

Snooze said...

the scarves turned out so well. have a great day with the twins. you are the best aunt.

Screamstress said...

My heart goes out to you on missing the twins birthday! But if they're anything like mine, they'll just be thrilled to get another cake and birthday song! Scarfettes are a good idea, scarves have never been successfully worn in my house.

Anonymous said...

Love the bags, I've been thinking about making two for my little girls for school so thanks for the inspiration. Have a lovely time with the twins and more cake, sounds like there's fun to be had.

x

Andi said...

Such a lovely auntie!!!

our shabby cottage said...

I wish I was one of those twins! The manbags look great and the scarflettes are a great idea.

Sandrine said...

Love the pressies, enjoy the catch up cake session! ;)

Ky said...

Ah twins, twice the presents. The bags look lovely and I'm always impressed how you can just make patterns up. Thanks for your sweet comments on my efforts yesterday.

Ulla said...

Great Manbags for the twins! The scarfettes are a lovely idea. I think the boys end up not using the button but pulling the scarf over their head unopened.

Stomper Girl said...

How cute are those bags!

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh my goodness Cam, are these the most spoilt twins ever. I love all of the presents you made for them
xo

Cass said...

Cam I love those bags, the fabric is great

Mookah Studio said...

It's so cool being an aunty that gets to spoil the kids isn't it? I'm sure it's not quite the same when you've got your own to worry about.

Caroline said...

Great bags, and you were so birthday organised too. Hope the computer robotics get fixed up for you soon, sounds frustrating.

Karen said...

Fabulous bags Cam, sorry to hear that you not been well - (I was a bit behind with bloglines!!), I hope the extra-party is fun.

Anonymous said...

Bar-stard PC! I love the presents Cam, I bet the kids love them too!!!

muralimanohar said...

Man, I missed all the excitement around here! Glad you are feeling better. :)

Carly Findlay said...

You are so talented and have inspired me :) Thank you for sharing your talents with the blogging community.