Saturday, June 26, 2010

What you might find


Today is officially clean out day at CurlyPops HQ.

I have boxes and boxes of junk that haven't even been opened since I moved house 15 months ago, so I figure that it's about time that I let go of some of the clutter.

Amongst the clean up, I happened to find this handbag that I whipped up a few weeks ago. There was a long skinny piece of this vintage floral print amongst the goodies that I received from a friends mum a little while ago. The piece wasn't large enough to make my standard design, so instead, I made this wider gathered style.
Perfect for those who like to carry lots of things in their handbag!

Now it's back to the cleaning for me....ugh

11 comments:

Copper Patch said...

Surely there'll be some gold amongst the....stuff :o)
Happy cleaning,
Abs

Knicky Knacks said...

If your bag is anything to go by, I doubt you'll be throwing out much!

Cathie said...

nice one Cam!
you make EVERYTHING look fab!!
happy weekend ♥

Selina said...

Are you selling that bag Cam? I love it! Email me if you are ;)

muralimanohar said...

I am due for that kind of cleanout, too. Been 15 months since our move back overseas, and I am starting to see boxes of stuff in the closet that are just hibernating. Not good!

Jennifer Rose said...

ooh! :D that is so pretty! you could have a yard sale from the stuff you find :)

Gypsy said...

I'm thinking it's the perfect find for a 'drop in' at Chez Curlypops, to see what I can find, oops, I mean, to help you clean out your stuff!

Nikki said...

I had a flashback to when I was a kid.... One school holidays, my Mum made my sister and I stay in our room "until it's tidy"... we were there for THREE DAYS! We kept finding things to PLAY with!!! I'm just thinking that it's lucky we weren't bloggers at the time - we'd have been finding things to photograph and blog... could have been there for WEEKS!

Good luck with the sorting. (See you in a few days? ;))

JasperBoy said...

Very nice. Yes, very nice!!

Jen in Melbourne

Liesl said...

You are now officially Very Good for tidying the unopened boxes from your move. My rule of thumb is not to do anything with them until the next move.

Love your pretty bag - I like what you can do with a skinny piece of fabric!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Good luck with the tidy out! I really need to do one of those.... The bag looks fab too! Nikki's comment really made me laugh!