Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A New Toy


I had to pop down to the shops thismorning after an unfortunate incident involving my mobile phone and the concrete driveway lastnight, which left me communication-device-less. I had to send my sister an SOS (I was actually just texting her weird things like phon stu* and gt onlin*) to try to get her to log onto Facebook chat lastnight to organise a shopping trip. It's amazing how much I rely on my mobile, and when the green call button wasn't working, and the numbers 1 and 2 which means I also lost letters abcdef for texting, and the down arrow to move between fuctions, I was absolutely LOST.

I've been wanting to buy myself a tripod for the longest time, but it's just one of those things that I never got around to doing (especially considering the fact that I'm never anywhere near a camera shop). Today was the perfect opportunity.

I'm hoping that this means that I'll no longer have to take twenty photos to get one in focus! No more wobbles, I can just use the self timer and voila.... perfect photo.


It also came with this mega-ugly black plasticky carry-bag. As soon as I finish the custom camera bag I'm currently working on, this will definitely be next on the list.

Oh, and I found myself a new phone too.... and some cd's, and some leggings.....

*phon stu - Phone Stuffed - missing DEF button
*gt onlin - Get Online - Missing DEF button

8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lol i would have thought 'phone sut' but then would have probably thought, we dont know any stu :p

tripods are so handy to have, i love taking sky photos with them :)

MooBear Designs said...

I saw the tri pod in my blog list a squeals for you hehe... YAY. As for the phone... It's one of those things we love to hate but are so controlled by. Mine never has any credit coz I no longer need to call Carlos at work. I do remember Moo ate my phone once and my phone kept calling itself so I had to get a new one it was driving me insane hahaha...

Xo Steph

MooBear Designs said...

Ps that's one nasty cover for the tri pod...

Xo Steph

Tania said...

I'm sort of concerned that I understood precisely what you were going on about without the need for any ABCDEF button. Sounds like one impressive shopping trip.

Sandrine said...

Woo hoo! Looking forward the new photos and a new phone?Maybe? ;)xx

Mrs Button said...

Thanks for the translation. I would have been pondering that all night! Hope the custom camera bags are still around for a bit. It's on my wishlist! Lisa. x

Caroline said...

Oh yeah baby, that ugly bag is ripe for a remodel. Sounds like you had a fantastic shopping day.

Michelle said...

Oh Cam a tripod has been on my list for ages too...
every time I am out I forget...
And I am finding it hard to find objects at the right height and angel to set the camera on...
The running back and forward with the self timer just looks so strange especially when your neighbors are looking...
the bag really needs a makeover...
but I am sure you will turn it into something just sweet...