Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bursting

Finches Teatowel - Photo Courtesy Shiny Happy Art

I finished this project well over a week ago.... and I've been completely bursting to show it off!

 On my cutting table in pieces

But first, I needed to find a very large box to fit it into without crushing it.


Then I had to make sure that it arrived as a big surprise, while Anna thought that I was still working on it.

The thing that I love the most about making these bags is that depending on the size of the original teatowel, and the placement of the print, you never quite know what it's going to look like until it all comes together.

This one features couple of very happy accidents.....


When I cut the teatowel into pieces, I didn't realise it at the time, that when I was going to piece them back together, the blue border would become a lovely feature running along the front of the bag. It sort of looks like I've added piping running along the join.


On the other side, I managed to incoporate Anna's signature from her original artwork up the top....

I'm totally in love with this bag..... so isn't it lucky that I have another Finches Teatowel in the stash?

21 comments:

Rie said...

Love it! Love the colour, the print, adore the birdie & the bag looks like it would be a great practical bag too! Job well done, Gold star for you!

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful bag. I hope you are making the next one to keep.

Tania said...

OH MY GIDDINESS!

That is a collaboration made in HEAVEN.

Perfect work. Both of you.

Miss Amy said...

Oh wow that is just beautiful! :)

Naturally Carol said...

Good morning Cam! I do think you have the perfect placement with this one..lovely grown up colours for going out with.

Tas said...

Lucky you have that second tea towel or it might not have found its way into the postie's hands.
It is beautiful. You are both very talented.

Cathie said...

that is Just absolutely perfect!
great collaboration, such a distinctive style.

manda said...

I love it!!!! Well done Cam, it looks awesome!!

Wombat's Picnic said...

Beautiful! Cyndy

Jennie said...

This is so gorgeous - a handpainted bag. I love it Cam!x

ZippyZippy said...

Wow - talk about happy accidents!
Great placement and what wonderful gift

Anna Bartlett said...

I noticed all those happy accidents and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thank you so much Cam!

ally said...

Love it - clever you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I LOVE this bag! You are so talented! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Wow that is so beautiful i adore the pattern and the fabric and colours are gorgeous. She will love it, dee x

Megan.K. said...

This is a stunning piece of work - from both of you. Well done.
x

Christie said...

That bag is just stunning. It was meant to be.

michelle said...

well i sure can see why you are in love with it. it is awesome. i was marvelling at the neat piping and beautiful painting placement. you shouldn't have fessed up.

yardage girl said...

That looks excellent - love tea towel craft!

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice :D

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Anna's signature is just the icing on the cake.