Monday, August 1, 2011

Shrooms...


It's taken me well over a week, but I've finally finished the 'Shrooms handbag....


Made using a lovely 100% linen handscreenprinted Thea & Sami teatowel which was a lovely surprise from Melissa.


Luckily, I have a very lovely Fisher and Paykel Double Dishdrawer dishwasher (which I highly recommend purely just from an ergonomic point of view) so I never, ever, ever dry the dishes....


... and anyhow, I think every teatowel deserves to become a stylish handbag... don't you?

PS - this one is now available in the shop...

14 comments:

michelle said...

delicious cam, much better than getting all damp and soapy toiling in the kitchen

Rie said...

It looks great & yes, it is a much better use of a tea-towel than drying teacups!

Ange Moore said...

Love it - how can you bear to sell it! And I agree with Rie - too lovely to be used for washing-up!

Tas said...

I have a couple of tea towels that I just can't use. Great idea. Love hte fabric combo too and the placement of the designers x2.

Rachael said...

Stunning, Ms Pops, stunning.

Mistea said...

Way to cute to be doing kitchen duty.
Makes a very nice bag.

Tanya said...

These are just gorgeous! Wish I had some kick ass sewing skills too!

Ulla said...

Very stylish indeed, and it should make people smile!

Anonymous said...

OMG Cam it's sooooooo gorgeous

ZippyZippy said...

I'll have that - thankyou very much :) Love it :)

Nicole Underwood Gonzalez said...

oh man oh man...I love it!! and NEED it!

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Cam..if ever you have a wet dish that needs drying on your excursions you can pop it into your bag and it will be dry in a jiffy! A very elegant bag..for drying dishes.

Amoeba Kids said...

Those have to be the best shrooms ever!! I love the style of the bag too - looks so crisp and chic. I guess it won't hang around until after payday ;) it'll fly out of your shop!!

Unknown said...

Can't believe that is a tea towel. you have put it to great use. Fantastic bag.