Tuesday, August 2, 2011

iPad iPhone iPod


I've said it before and I'll say it again.... I'm the latest of late adopters of the latest in technology.

So I had to have a little chuckle when my dad asked me to make an iPad cover for a friends 6 year old daughter (yes... she's 6, and I'm ummmmm quite a lot older than that, and I don't have an iPad)!

Actually, I think I'm the only person in the world who also doesn't have an iPhone, although I do have a second-hand old school iPod.

Anyhow, back to the iPad cover.....

I checked the Apple website for the iPad dimensions and then pulled out the tape measure, and didn't believe it.


I've never ever seen an iPad in real life.
Was it really that small?

The only solution was to ask..... da da da dum.... The Twitter (that's just for you Kate).

The Crafty Tweeps on The Twitter always know about the technology, and so my crisis was averted. It seems that the dimensions on the Apple website are, in fact, correct.

And herewith ends todays tale.

15 comments:

Tanya said...

I love that you don't trust Apple, even to give you correct information about their product :)

Cute cover! Makes me want an ipad just so i could have a cute cover.

Lola Nova said...

I own none of the above.

Lyndel said...

neither do I Lola, but I do have a 9 year old mobile phone! So you are not alone Cam.

Rachael said...

I have some iDevices but not the iPad. My Dad just got himself one - he's 69. Go Dad!

Love the cover. And yes, they are so slim.

Jennie said...

I don't have an iphone (e)ither Cam! Would love to do those instagram photo thingys!x

Swirlyarts said...

Hah - my phone is so old it doesn't even have a camera or anything other than basic texts and calls. it doesn't even have the game snake for goodness sake! However, Matt more than makes up the gadgets in our house although he doesn't like Apple - he's more of an android fan :) I'm such a luddite I can't work his phone (all touch screen) Give me a basic phone any day.

Love the fabric by the way :)

Stomper Girl said...

I can't afford an iphone. My phone has to be under $80 tops. But since we gave Mr Fixit the ipod touch I can see why people would love their iphones. Ah well, I'll keep buying those lottery tickets!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Cam, the iphone will change your life!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Well now I have another reason to really, really, really want an iPad! It's gorgeous Cam.

And Cath is right, the iPhone will change your life. You think you're a social media junkie now!

Mon Alisa Design said...

You're not alone. I have no iphone, ipod, ipad. I don't own a mobile phone either. Just me and my computer toots (which is why I don't tweet much). I wouldn't know how to use any of them which scares me a wee bit. Love the cover :)

Mistea said...

Very special I- cover - much wiser than the contents! So fun for a little person.
(and NO I's here)

Selina said...

I don't have an iphone, in fact I don't even have a mobile! I don't have an ipad either, though my Mum does, go figure!

Gorgeous fabric choice for a 6 yr old techie too! Love your work, xx

Cate said...

They are reeeeeally small aren't they? Lots of bloggers had them at blogopolis - I was amazed!
I'm a pretty late adopter too - I've only had my iphone for two weeks (not by choice - have had iphone-envy for quite some time now!!)
Love those little owls - I'm sure the recipient will be the coolest kid in school :-)
xxxCate

Karen said...

You aren't alone. I don't have an 'i' anything.

midge said...

you doubted the apple website. oh ye of little faith