Panel is off centre on purpose (just in case you were wondering)
I know I promised some behind the scenes printing photos today, but I just can't resist showing you the skirt that I whipped up yesterday!
It's a total Cheaty McCheaterson skirt which was really easy to make.
Of course, I must preface this by warning you that I assumed that this would be less time consuming than making a skirt from scratch. Ha! I was completely wrong.
Also, if you really really don't like unpicking, then this is most definitely NOT the project for you.
I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a before photo, but this was originally a plain corduroy skirt that I bought from the oppy well over a year ago. It was on the $1 rack as it was missing a button at the back, and at that stage it wasn't my size, but I bought it just for the fabric.
Fast forward a year and add a few kilos and voila - it fits!
It was soooo plain, and it had no pockets, so it was never ever going to be worn.... until now.
I unpicked the bottom hem, side seams and the facing, and separated the back and front halves. I then cut a section out of the front half and inserted a lovely panel of my Go Granny fabric.
I then added the pocket pieces to the both halves of the skirt and sewed all the pieces back together again.
I even worked out how to top-stitch the pockets this time so that they sit nicely (happy dance).
I'm just wishing that I could wear it today... but it's not really appropriate for the gym. Maybe tomorrow!