Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Creative Space and the missing re-discovered knitting


How do you know something is missing if you've completely forgotten about it?

It's been a couple of years since I last picked up the knitting sticks for actual knitting. They get more use around here as tools for pushing out seams, or for mixing up various gluey/varnishy/painty concoctions.

A few weeks ago, my SIL mentioned that she needed a new grey scarf for winter. It was the perfect project to get my knitjo back on track (I've since gifted it after forgetting to take a photo).


I went in search of my Buttontree Lane Knitting Project Bag, and found this half finished scarf inside.

I don't even remember who I was knitting this for as I've already made one in very similar tones for myself....


... and I may have already bought more yarn for the next one - whoops!

My creative space

10 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

Funny Cam, you and I are in sinc! Except by about a month of so, i've recently re-discovered knitting and am loving it. I also had had a 10 year hiatus, and didn't know I was missing it, until well i started again xo

Leonie said...

I love the colour and the wool Cam!!! And I Love that you have found your knitjo (hehe love the word!)
I am still plodding through my scarf... But do love knitting and don't do it often enough.

Jennie said...

Loving the texture here Cam!
(and the colour)
I'm still not sure about knitting, E and I tried -
then turned to crochet. Love that you've found it again!XX

tigergirl said...

Just a couple of weeks ago tigerboy was asking "Why don't you knit and crochet anymore?" - apparently he needs a scarf. Your yarn looks lovely.

Margaret said...

Lucky needles , lucky they had stitches on them, they have been kept warm by that lovely wool/

Caroline said...

Haha - whoops indeed! Maybe you can get your sewjo back by channelling your knitjo? Have fun!

Caroline said...

Haha - whoops indeed! Maybe you can get your sewjo back by channelling your knitjo? Have fun!

Nikki said...

Wow - and won't it be a quick finish when the project is so well underway?! Love the colours and textures.

Tas said...

It is a slippery slope once you start a yarn stash on top of a fabric stash.

I know this very well.

Kylie said...

And you were so close to finishing too. I have balls and balls of wool here that are to be turned into something special for someone. I am in need of finding my knit and sewjo.