Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cooking up a storm

My pre-ordered copies of Homemade - The Handmade Help Recipe Book arrived this week.

I've already gifted one copy to my mum, one to my older sister, and one to my sister-in-law. I still have one copy for my younger sister, and two copies for girlfriends, and the lucky last one for me!

My sister and I have already flicked right through the book and picked out our favourite recipes. She's making the Veal Ragu for dinner tomorrow night. I'm liking the sound of Past e Patate for my dinner tonight or maybe Sausage Bake (I have some snags in the fridge about to expire).

Then I'm dreaming of Chocolate Self Saucing pudding for dessert.

If you haven't bought a copy, then head on over to the website and snap one up pronto. They're only $15 and make a perfect gift - and the best bit is that you're not only helping to provide free copies for the Bushfire Survivors, but any other profits will be given directly to the Salvos.

Everyone who volunteered their time to make the book a reality, has done a tremendous job and should be very proud.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

We donned our Curlypops aprons here today and made the Chocolate Fudge cake from the book. Both the aprons and the cake are highly recommended! I was just thinking that I should stock up on them as gifts - it's a great idea.

Tania said...

SO, so behind the eight ball. Off to purchase now - thanks for the poke in the ribs...

Blossomnbird said...

oh great!...I'll go and take a looksie. Sounds like a good thing to stock up on for christmas gifts.

Unknown said...

What a great idea. You can never have too many cookbooks.

Lisa said...

Browsing mine today to pick yummy things to make this week! The Sausage Bake is yummy.. even if I am bias. Great way to use leftovers, just chuck anything in!

Kylie said...

Yummy. Gotta love a chocolate pudding. Will have to check out the wee book myself!

Beck said...

It looks like a lovley book and I'm always after new ideas to feed the gang. Thanks for the tip! xo

Selina said...

You probably have seen that the first of the made it cookbooks has been published... did you submit a recipe?