Sunday, August 9, 2009

Go East

The Thornbury Craft Bonanza headed to the home of Hoppo Bumpo yesterday for a crafternoon filled with scones and jam and cream, chocolate cake, really bad jokes, and lots of laughs.

Bec even managed to fit in a trip to the oppy on the way, just to make me insanely jealous!

I made a little progress on something red.....

....but the most super exciting thing is that Tinniegirl has nearly finished this beautiful snuggly granny square rug which is for me and my couch!

I can't wait to inject a bit of colour into my lounging area.

A huge thankyou to Liesl for being such a wonderful host for the afternoon - can't wait for the next one!

17 comments:

Tammy said...

Yummmo!! and what a great afternoon!

Unknown said...

The cake looks soooo good..And the granny squares look marvelous!!!

Kate said...

Looks like such fun. I've got my first crafty bloggy meeting thing coming up this week and I can hardly wait. That rug is gorgeous, lucky you.

zoesquid said...

Sounds like fun. Exactly what I miss about Melbourne!

Sandrine said...

Oh I am so envious of all that craft, yummy things, frendship...What a great combination and great way to spend a Sunday ;)

Mookah Studio said...

You go girls! What can be better than an afternoon of craft, friendship and giggles?

Karin van Dam said...

That looks like so much fun! And that chocolate cake.. oh yumm!

meetmeatmikes said...

Wow! Super fun times! That rug is lovely, isn't it?! Clever Tinniegirl! x

Fran said...

Oh how I love a good crafternoon! Lucky you - that granny squares blanket is super duper.

Nikki said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon Cam.

Jennifer Rose said...

that rug is really pretty :D should be warm too on colder days. and now I want cake :p

Karin said...

Well, I'm envious! What a lovely sounding day. Those grannies are stunning. Wow man!

Elizabeth said...

the chocolate cake and the granny squares both look delicious!

MeganK said...

Thisn all looks great, but I especially like that rug. Lucky you!

x

Taccolina said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I missed THOSE scones. And you lot, too - of course. (Still hitting the Canadian fabric shops! Ho. ho. ho! Did someone say the words 'new suitcase'?)

Jobs said...

The chocolate cake captivated my attention and the frosting looks so really delicious..

Liesl said...

I had a ball ... and somehow did almost nothing?! Er, maybe except for chat and eat. Looking forward to the next TCB - especially if Tinniegirl is going to tell more of her jokes :)