Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jumping in Puddles


Yep, that's a big puddle of glue and fabric and yarn on my kitchen table.....sitting on a garbage bag.

My eldest nephew stays over on Tuesday nights.
We usually spend about an hour getting all of his weekly homework out of the way in one big session, but this week there's no homework as school finishes for Easter holidays on Friday (didn't they just start back)?

So to pass the normal homework time, we decided to make an Easter Basket.


I didn't have an art smock and he only had his school uniform, so we fashioned a smock out of a plastic shopping bag (just cut two armholes and a neckhole if you're wondering.... but I'm sure you're probably not).

He had a great time swirling all the bits around in the glue, and then plopping them on top, and all the way around the bowl*.

Let's just hope that that the puddle actually dries out by the time Easter rolls around!

* I used a pyrex bowl covered in gladwrap - I've never tried this before so I'm really hoping that it works.

21 comments:

Selina said...

Oh Aunty CurlyPops, you rock! Will you be my Aunty.....pwease??!

Lola Nova said...

It really is amazing the myriad of uses for a plastic shopping/trash bag! Looks like a really fun project!

Miss Muggins said...

that looks like way too much fun! The plastic bag smock reminds me of Jeanie Little and what she could create with a black garbage bag or two....dahhhhlings!

Drewzel said...

Groovy baby!! Can't wait to see the totally finished product :P

Jemma. said...

I'm fairly confident that it won't ruin your bowl. Of course, I have no facts to back this up!

sewfunky said...

You Rock as an Aunty!!! :D

MooBear Designs said...

Oh that's a fantastic idea... Scraps are the best part of crafting. Might have to get the kids involved.

xo Steph

sophie said...

Gee you're a great aunty! What a fab idea - my kids would love that!

Cathie said...

what a great idea Cam!!
i think I need to do some glue puddles aswell.
would you come to live with us & I will make you lemon tart & cupcakes every day!!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

As for the art smock, are you whipping some of those up for the shop?

Jo's Place said...

Love the art smock :)

That Easter Basket is just the best, you are the best Auntie ever

dorothybills..... said...

You are such a clever lady, I am passing on a 'Kreative blogger award' to you if you want to play along, check out my blog for details x

teddybearswednesday said...

I think you might just be the best aunt around, and that certainly is one super easter basket!x

Sally said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Exciting!!!

Unknown said...

I wish to be an Auntie like you one day..Now I just need a nephew or neice haha....This project looks like so much fun. Hope it's dried and ready to go!

Sandrine said...

What a GREAT AUNTIE you are Cam!This is a great idea, there is me thinking the girls are on holidays on Friday and we need to quick our Easter crafting skills...oh maybe I send them to you??non?xx

Swirlyarts said...

Looks much nicer than the puddles we have here!

Julie said...

Cool idea, you are a nice aunty.

The Essess said...

When I worked in Altona I wore garbage bags to clean The Soup Pot...he..
You really are a great aunty, teaching my nephews arts and crafts.. Hopefully one day they will want to learn about vintage and retro collectibles..lol.. Thats when I come in...
Good Job Cam and Great job Mr X... Im just worried his aunties may have to buy enough eggs to fill the basket...? :)

flossy-p said...

Make sure you show us the "after" shot of the puddle easter basket! I have an inkling it's going to be wonderful.

muralimanohar said...

Eh..it'll dry..and if it doesn't, just toss it in the oven on really low for a bit. Or is it only me who is such a shameless cheater like that? :p