Saturday, March 20, 2010

Whats a name?


I finally finished stitching my Swippity Swap Name Tag for Sew It Together lastnight.


I thought a little bit outside the square (literally) and created an aqua and red flower brooch (measuring 9cm x 9cm), with a piece of felt stitched in underneath. I've embroidered my recipients name onto the felt.... (which of course, has magically been erased for these photos).

Note to recipient: please forgive my crappy embroidery skills!


At the end of Sew It Together, the felt can be snipped away with a pair of scissors leaving a brooch which can be kept.

I'm not going to pop it in the post just yet.... I'm going to wait until we get closer to the deadline.

17 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

Great colour combo, and a gift that keeps on giving!

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Gorgeous, I love it! Do you machine stitch with different coloured threads on the flower to get that look, or do you have some extra special felt that is already stitched. I'm sure the recipient will love this to bits! :-)

Julie said...

Love it, hope is mine!!!!! Well done on thinking outside the square.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

I am green with envy about sew it together... GREEN I tell ya.

Unknown said...

Lucky invisible woman !

Unknown said...

How lovely that your swap partner gets a brooch out of the deal as well. It looks great!

Margaret said...

At first I you were having a junior moment What's a name. Great combination of colours

Snooze said...

this looks absolutely wonderful ... i'm so inspired by all the examples I've seen so far and your swapee is so lucky.

Andi said...

Love Love Love!!!!

zoesquid said...

Looks great Cam.

Liesl said...

Its beautiful, Cam! Your swap partner is lucky to be getting one of your lovely flowers.

Unknown said...

oooh that is great!!!! Good thinking.

Jodie said...

Your partner will be thrilled Cam..

Anonymous said...

It is simply beautiful. Great job!

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

Great idea having a double function name tag/brooch. Looks great Cam!

Nikki said...

You are clever and thoughtful and smart.

Andi said...

Yay!! It's mine.
Thanks Cam.
I love it extremely much.
Andi :-)