Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Wacing Car Twack


I whipped this one up quickly today for Moo Moo, and took it over to him thisafternoon. The best thing about making a second version of anything, is that you can modify the design to make the construction quicker and better.


I found a tiny bit of car fabric in the stash.... only enough for the top pockets, so I had to substitute some green and blue spots for the bottom pockets.

Moo Moo was very excited, and was finding it very difficult to close his eyes and put out his hands (something that myself and all my siblings were taught as kids.... passed on to the next generation - scary) to wait for the big suprise!


He even gave his daddy a quick demonstration of how it worked when he arrived home from work.... except that he got a bit confused and was trying to roll it longways!

17 comments:

The Essess said...

Very cute idea! When I read the first post about the car wrap I thought you would be making another soon enough! I made Shane close his eyes and put out his hands today when he got home from work too! I bought hima plastic dovvy thingy to hang in the shed to organise tools etc $2 bargain! Never too old for close your eyes and put out your hands!

Andi said...

What a nice lady you are.
Gorgeous gift!!

Michelle said...

Looks great. He is lucky to have such a clever aunty.

Tania said...

Last time I closed my eyes and put out a hand I scored a jellyfish. Moo Moo looks to be on a much better wicket.

bec said...

Liberty cars! If only MooMoo knew....

Nikki said...

It's awesome Cam. Great fabric choices. You do such a good job.

As for the "close his eyes and put out his hands", you just wait until he does it back to you!

willywagtail said...

Wacing car twacks are da best!

Caroline said...

Aw, thats such a cute story!

Anonymous said...

oh Cam you are the best auntie ever!!! and you made it so quickly. thank you for the name changing thoughts it's great to read what everyone thinks and I still don't know what I'll do

Kylie Bowers said...

Oh wow they look fantastic!

Becky said...

Another great effort :) I can't wait until Baby blue is old enough for one of these!

Sarah said...

Awesome as usual! I can totally see me borrowing from this idea in the future!

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Super cute!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Are you going to be doing some for markets? I think my nephews might need a Wacing Car Twack.

Sandrine said...

These wacing trwack are so fantastic Cam!!how clever you are!

muralimanohar said...

Totally awesome! When my ds was a baby, someone gave us a lovingly handmade baby quilt made from a preprinted panel, of a town with roads, which we used for the same thing. It didn't have the awesomeness of wrap up and go, and pockets for the cars, though! :D

Michelle said...

You are the best aunty in the world! And if you ever decided to make more of these wacing car twacks, you could make me the second bast aunty in the world!