Sunday, May 30, 2010

The End of May (nearly)


It was a very foggy drive home from the 21st in Ballarat lastnight, but the good news is that the birthday girl loved her pressies. The clutch and wrist strap will be perfect for when she's off for a night out on the town.... sheesh I can't remember the last time I had one of those!

So today I'm off to the last birthday party of the crazy month of May........ why is it that so many people have a May birthday??? Is there some sort of special event in August, or is it just because it's so bloody cold???

I can't show you todays birthday pressie, because it was made while I was doing some super secret pattern testing, but I can tell you that it's completely gorgeous.

During the week, I also whipped up some bibs during for a couple of girlfriends whose baby girls who need to move up a size from the newborn to the toddler bib. I'm so in love with that cherry print. I wish I had bought some more while the $AUD was high!


Poor little Moo Moo (cough cough), has spent the entire weekend eating birthday cake. His little friend Daniella had a birthday party yesterday afternoon, so I made her a MiniMiss Satchel with an adjustable shoulder strap, using some pink corduroy and a sweet little french print that I bought from the Retromummy Shop. There was more cake at the 21st lastnight, and now he's coming along with me to the birthday party today.... it's such a hard life when you're 3.

Have a happy Sunday!

14 comments:

Beck said...

Hey Cam, I haven't see you for a while, your blog is looking lovely! Just been for a catchup and love the house you found, what a blast from the past! The pinnies were gorgeous too, great fabric. Hope you enjoy the party today, May is definitely the month! xo

willywagtail said...

I was always happy to hear of someone being born in may because in my family (in my childhood anyway) everyone else was born up the other end. In fact ALL important dates, except our arrival in Australia, took place from September to November. So Yay for May!!!

Andi said...

Mmmmmmm .... Cake

The Essess said...

Georgous little bag for Moo Moos little girlfriend. And yes Poor Moo Moo (cough cough).. Poor little man had to eat cake and play in the kids playroom! He had a hard night! Hopefully he has had enough sleep ready for todays events!! Hope you both have agood time eating cake again!

bec said...

Glad you found a date harhar! I see a freezer-stencil t-shirt in Moo Moo's near future with 'Party Animal' on it :) It's always nice when they like the present, isn't it? Wow, you'll sleep well tonight! (PS take some craft!)

Michelle said...

The bag looks lovely. Glad the 21st present was a hit - it looked great.

Miss Muggins said...

May may have sped past, but you have plenty to show for it!

Catherine said...

A weekend filled with cake - pretty much perfection for a 3 year old! Or any age really!

Jennie said...

We know what you mean about the month of May! Its crazy! I love your bibs - and the bag is gorgeous!

Thats alot of cake!

Annie said...

Don't know what it is about May either! Both my sisters have their birthdays in May too.

Gypsy said...

Love the bibs and bag...but could you please stop reminding me how fast this year is flying by!

ps.Ah Andi, yet another reason I like you!

Liesl said...

I hope you delivered Moo Moo home pronto after the last of the cake? No one wants to be in charge of a 3 year old on a sugar high!!!


I think your bibs are fabulous.

Sophie said...

What a busy and productive weekend you have had!! No doubt both the birthday girls loved their new bags - I know I would :)

And good on Moo Moo for taking one for the team and consuming all of that cake - it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it ;)

Anonymous said...

wow Cam you have been so busy everything is gorgeous and I think the MiniMiss satchel would be perfect for BigMiss too! love it xx