Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Creative Space


In todays creative space: I have a little swap pressie* that I need to finish up for Amanda.... I just have to find the precisely perfect fabric in the stash to make the binding and straps.

Sometimes the perfect fabric can be a little elusive, but when I spot the one, I'll just know.



The other task for today is to sort through the scrap bin to take along to the Northern Craft Bonanaza tonight, because one persons scraps are another persons treasures.... hmmmm there seems to be a proliferation of pink here!

I've also finished the custom camera bag from last weeks space, so stay tuned for some photos tomorrow.


*I'm purposely only showing a snippet of the very cute tea towel that Amanda sent me to transform. I want to keep the rest of it a surprise until she receives it back


The home of My Creative Space

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope it pops out at ya soon!!! Love that cat haha..

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see both!!
(great scraps by the way!)

Ky said...

The cat and owl painting on the apron is awesome, you can just tell that the cat can't wait to finish playing so he can grab the bird.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

can't wait til tomorrow!!

bec said...

Wasn;t sure if i'd make it tonight, now I def will!

Nikki said...

Drop into the studio if you haven't found that binding strip by this evening. I might have a few bits that could do the trick!

Sandrine said...

Cute little pic of the tea towel!Sound like a nice project in the making!X

Selina said...

Cute tea towel, you'll find that fabric that "pops" in no time!

74 Lime Lane said...

Wow that's an amazing teatowel. Can't wait to see the finished product.

MooBear Designs said...

*singing* Scraps scraps wonderfully scraps...

Moo is amazed at the hexagons I have started making with some scraps too!

xo Steph

manda said...

*whole comment said in Finding Nemo Crush the turtle voice* Sweeeeeet!
I love that tea towel man! It's even sweeter on your blog than when I posted it!
I just know I will Totally love it ...I did some baking the other day and was all like "Man, I really need an apron!" and then like, realized that I'll be getting one like, soon!
Awesome...
*I should not have watched that movie last night. Now I'll be talking like this all day!*

Michelle said...

No such thing as too much pink. Have fun tonight.

Anonymous said...

cute kitty print. :) pinks are lovely and they are essential to a beautiful colour palette. :D
love the tea towel.

-Swee
www.swiedebie.blogspot.com

Knicky Knacks said...

Looks great - can't wait to see the finished product!

Steph said...

How cute is that little owl and pussy cat...from the poem I guess??? Can't wait to see what you conjure up :)

Tania said...

Ms Pops, I envy your talent to JUST KNOW when you see the right fabric. For me there's always a plan A, B and bloody C!

Unknown said...

What a great tea towel , have fun with it !

Swirlyarts said...

That cat looks very cross!!

Wendy said...

looking forward to seeing the end result!