Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I've got the bug


The knitting bug that is!

For some unknown reason, the knitting bug completely avoided me last year. I managed to craft right throughout the winter months, without an inkling of wanting to play with yarn. Now, here we are in Autumn, and suddenly all I want to do is just sit on the couch and knit. 

The urge first struck last Thursday night....
I knew that I had a box of leftover random balls of yarn in the garage, but I didn't know if I'd actually be able to find a matching set of knitting needles. Knitting needles are usually only used at my house to poke out corners when I'm sewing.

So now, I'm very happily ensconced in making mini scarves for my little nephews (that's the only idea I could come up with for one ball of random yarn). Let's see how long this current obsession lasts.....

10 comments:

Ange Moore said...

I'm also enjoying knitting this winter after leaving it packed away last year! I'm doing a scarf for myself and some jumpers from my kids (got to love Sean Sheep yarn from Big W - with free patterns on their website).

Snooze said...

There's nothing like a yarn project to feel extra cosy in the colder months. And your yarn looks gorgeous.

Tania said...

Noooo? Noooooooooooo?!

Well blow me down, Cam. And welcome. Welcome to the Dark Side.

Fiona said...

You can't beat a knitting project ... and it's so easy to knit and watch TV, knit and chat, take your knitting with you wherever you go.

I'm recently addicted - can you tell?

Jenny said...

It is a good bug to get-enjoy!

mel @ loved handmade said...

Funny how the urge suddenly returns isn't it! Your yarn is beautiful, I bet your nephews will love them!

Melissa G said...

Good on you. It's fu trying something different.

Cate Lawrence said...

I'm a reluctant knitter, but I've decided recently that i need a hat, so needs do as needs must...

Anonymous said...

Glad that knitting bug has bitten you...have you been bitten by the crochet one too? It's all perfect Autumn/Winter/Spring couch craft, you are just in time for the cooler weather too!

Bron said...

ooh that yarn looks delicious and snuggly!