Sunday, May 2, 2010

The finale


The festival of Cam continued along yesterday...


Cathy, Bec and I met up and headed off to visit the Made'n'Thornbury market.


As soon as we arrived, we met up with Jay, who had this very cool surprise birthday pressie for me! It has the grooviest pictures inside and some great projects - knitting needle cosy, pincushions, bath slippers, hand puppets.... heaps and heaps of idea (and it was printed in 1974 too).


While we were browsing all of the beautiful stalls, Cathy bought me these gorgeous earrings. Of course, they are just perfect for me!

Next stop was Cathie's stall to buy some goodies for afternoon tea. As we arrived, she pulled out a very large cake box, and as I looked inside I found......


.... this very delicious Red Velvet Cake personalised with gingerbread letters! How sweet.

Now onto the rest of my birthday pressies....


Bec's Little Miss made me a beautiful birthday card (top of photo) with a voucher for anything handmade that I would like them to make me,  and Nikki's wee girl made me a beautiful birthday card (bottom of photo) with a portrait of me on the cover with very long arms, and my age on the back (it's very cute).


My girlfriend gave me this beautiful bangle with a vintage fabric inset, and her little boy drew me a picture on the birthday card....


My sister and BIL gave me this lovely handmade glass wind chime (the photo is a bit dreary today). It makes a lovely little tinkling noise in the wind.


My mum gave me some tea towels and some chocolates...


and my other sister and her family gave me a beautiful big bunch of flowers.

Thankyou so much to everyone who helped to make my birthday so special this year.... that's the festival finale for this year!

23 comments:

Nikki said...

Special things on a special day for a special you Cam.

Unknown said...

Lots of Lovely Surprises & Gifts..
Glad you've had a Good Time..That Cake looks Gorgeous.
cheers

Nikki said...

Wowee! You should keep this festival going, Cam... Looks like you're on a winner!

I'll show the wee one tonight that you blogged her card - she'll be thrilled. (Right now I'm at... ahem... work).

Cathie said...

lucky girl having such wonderful birthday festivities!!
you deserve it Cam, you are a STAR ♥

Copper Patch said...

Seems like a fabulous birthday Cam. I hope you've had fun.
Best wishes!
Ab x

Sandrine said...

Oh beautiful!!!That is the way to celebrate :A birthday marathon!!Hope it keeps going on and on and on now ;)XX

Vic said...

Oh I have been avoiding the computer like the plauge my Sweet so I had no idea - happy belated birthday - what a grand lot of goodies for you!

xo

yardage girl said...

What a wonderful festival of YOU! Glad you enjoyed it! Nic

Janice said...

Just caught up on blog reading. Belated Happy Birthday! The Festival of Cam is so appropriate. What a lovely time you have had and what great gifts.

Tania said...

Since I'm doing the big four zero next year, I am bookmarking this birthday festival thing for reference. Now THAT is the way to birthday.

Missie Krissie said...

Sheesh! When you said festival, you weren't lying! Lol you are very spoiled Cam, cakes and presents galore! How could you fail to enjoy such a wonderful birthday from so many close people! Happy Birthday!!

bec said...

You deserve every minute! Great pic of the card, i'll show her tomorrow. Glad to be part of it, us royal bloggers teehee

Jennifer Rose said...

I would so get ill eating all that cake lol :D
you got such lovely things for your birthday!

Jenny said...

Wow! What a wonderful epic mega birthday you've had:)

teddybearswednesday said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful and lovely special things. Can't think of anyone who deserves it more xo

renae said...

I'm glad you've had such a wonderful birthday! You have such awesome friends :)

Bron said...

happy birthday!! =)
Mine was ANZAC day, and I've stretched it to a week-long festival (the rule is it doesn't end until I get a card in the post from my mum - she said she posted it on friday, so i still have at least 2 days, by my calculations!) ;o)

Snooze said...

Happy birthday ... I'm glad it was such a great one.

Cate Lawrence said...

aww what a lovely birthday! So pleased for you :) xx

Miss Muggins said...

I LOVE the concept of a birthday festival! Hope I can have one too!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

What a really wonderful sounding birthday!

elizabeth said...

what lovely celebrations!
i'm so glad your day (and week!) were so wonderful!

angelique said...

Oh my Miss Curlypops it looks like you have been so busy. Birthdays, visiting, marketing you should be exhausted!!! I am glad you had a wonderful extended birthday....I think they all should be like that.
Cheers Angelique