Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vision


I received a lovely surprise from Trudi at last weeks NCB....

This lovely piece of vintage fabric came from her aunty (please correct me if I'm wrong Trudi).


It's the perfect amount of fabric to whip up a lovely vintage style dress..... I wonder if that was the original intention when it was purchased?

As I've never sewn a proper dress for myself before, I'm going to put my birthday voucher to use, and enlist some help from Bec.

In the meantime, Frances is looking quite sauve draped in a vision of loveliness....

14 comments:

MooBear Designs said...

Oh I am excited!! It's going to look so glam and heavenly... Have you worn your other red dress out yet!! The one that doesn't need and excuse to be worn?!!

xo Steph

mel @ loved handmade said...

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see the dress you make.

Drewzel said...

Hehe it's pink! What a surprise :P
Bring on the finished dress pics :D

Unknown said...

Wow what gorgeous fabric ! You will transform it into a stunning dress , can't wait to see it !

Renee•Candy Stick Lane said...

EEEEK! Its SO gorgeous! Cant wait to see the finished dress!!!!

Stomper Girl said...

Gorgeous. And very you.

Kitty said...

Oh my, that really is too good.
I can't wait to see the finished product.
Thank you so much for Huckle's sweet gift. He looks very dashing in them.
Have a lovely week.

bec said...

I see a maxi dress.....

Sherrin said...

gorgeous! It's looks like just your sort of fabric. Have fun creating something amazing!

Snooze said...

This is beautiful ... I love the drape of it.

Ipswich Event Services said...

Wow - my mum had some fabric like that in a green that I made a long skirt from - I think she said is was originally curtain fabric - but who cares!

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

That fabric will make a sensational dress. I am sure you will do it proud! Can’t wait to see you modelling it.

Jennifer Rose said...

that is beautiful fabric :D gorgeous colours for an outfit

Swirlyarts said...

As soon as I saw the first picture I thought dress! :)